Tesoro Lobo?

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Its not the same, not even close .The Lobo ST is a lot more sensitive to small gold. the only thing they have in common is the name and appearance. I bought a used original Lobo for $200. a couple of years ago and promptly sold it for the same price . It's a OK detector but not a ST.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how was it on gold? It operates at a higher freq. than the ST does, so i would think it would be even better on Small gold? Not the case huh?

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I am a Tesoro fan, but not impressed with the original Lobo for nugget hunting. Not sensitive on small pieces, works ok on larger gold.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A retagged Tesorp Gold Demon is what it is and in it's day it rocked in comparison to others. I did the test report for tesoro and published in the annual book for years. The auto traq IS righteous and definately my all around favorite-tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the Gold Demon run at only 12 Khz like the Diablo or is it higher than the the regular Diablo? If it is pretty much the same as the older Lobo i have a chance to pick one of the Gold Demons up pretty cheap. Appreciate the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread