Eldorado arrived.

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro Eldorado i bought from a fella on Craigslist arrived today and i think this is going to be a keeper. It is going to take me a while to learn how to do the ground balancing right, but it shouldn't be too bad. I tried it out in the yard on some coins, a small nail, .50 cal. lead ball, and a small .33 gram gold nugget. I buried the nugget at about 3" and it picked it up with no problem. And man does it sound off on coins. And in disc mode with the disc all the way down it ignores the small nails but hits real hard on coins. Can't wait to get down to the river and give it a try. May not find any gold but it should still be fun. Need to at least find a bit of clad with it to pay for all those AA batteries it takes. Man, 8 of them at a time to run it.
BTW: this is the older original Eldorado with the large Metal control box mounted under the rod.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That oldie but a goodie is a tr machine and easily tell ya metal(iron) or mineral for hardrock analysis and in tunnel searching.You can, by reverse ground balancing,get it to make it hunt for metals or minerals only too!! It has a built in hipmount to get it off the shaft and you'll be able to swing'r for MANY hours then. :hello2: John

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, it is an Old'un but it does appear to be a good'un. As long as it will find gold that size that is all i care as far as a gold detector. And it seems to do great on coins too.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Was going to go today but ended up deer and grouse hunting instead. Priorities ya know. :wink:

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
You got your priorities wrong!! ;D

The Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread