finally !!!!! gold bug pro !

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally received my gold bug pro ......just got it today haven't had time to do much but it will hit small gold,i need to learn it a little better before giving any serious reviews but it does seem to perform well so far .i need to learn it's language - and take it out a few times . hope it was worth the wait -if it hits as well in the field , this could have some potential.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detectors are like a first date. If you expected it all the first time, where would the excitement be the next time? Good for you! Go get'em! TTC

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry if so ,i hope it puts out like a tramp !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strickman,

Really glad to hear you've finally received your GB Pro :hello2:, I will be looking forward to your reports of how it does for you!!

Skip

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Hey Strickman,

Good to see you got the Gold Bug finally! Hope you find some of those nice Georgia Gold nuggets! Cherokee county is known for some big ones. I found most of mine there.

Alan

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad ya finally recieved it! Can't wait to see some of your results with it. :thumbsup:

AuMember

Jul 8, 2010
Cragford, AL
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Minelab Explorer II Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Strick....All I can say is that I applaud your perseverence. I've been following your saga since your first post on this matter and find it hard to believe that it took nearly 6 months to get this resolved. Can't wait to get a field report from you since I plan on ordering a gold MT by years end. The White's GMT and GBPro has made my short list and definitely want to hear from you before making a final decision. Best of luck to you on pulling those No. GA pickers and nuggets.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to know is there a differance in the Gold Bug SE and the Gold Bug Pro ...Or just the price ?

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I would like to know is there a differance in the Gold Bug SE and the Gold Bug Pro ...Or just the price ?

Keppy,

The Gold Bug Pro, is suppose to be a more refined/tuned detector, it may have more features, :dontknow:, I will be looking forward to Strickman's review, and any other I find out on the net, time will tell what the difference is.

Nothing describing the difference is on Fisher's website!! :dontknow: :dontknow:

I will be doing a little internet research on this now that the Pro has been relased, I will post any links to anything I find on the differences of Gold Bug SE and PRO

Skip

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the kind words and well wishes ,I do believe I will be happy with this one . The main thing I was after is small gold capabilities- and so far it seems to have that . from what i can tell so far is this is not a turn and go detector , if you are an ace 250 fan -you will have to do your homework ...... that being said -------once you learn how to ground balance properly ,and tweak it a little ,myself i turn the threshold hum a little on the loud side (my hearing is not what it used to be - too much loud music :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:) it will hit on small gold .... pretty good . It won't hit a .5 grain at 24" -then again nothing will !but realistically it does a decent job on advertised depth ,sensitivity -etc.... if you really pay attention it will even do a little better ! once i try it out in the field i will tell a lot more .....

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out in the yard today , tried some targets ------------ man that thing will hit a 1 oz. nugget very loud and clear ! It does have a discrimination mode ,works pretty good . One thing ,you do lose some sensitivity when using it -------but it will hit a small nugget laying in and around trash targets . All metal is a LOT more sensitive ,and really the way to go . but you can hit a target -then check with disc. on ........ when in all metal ,there is a ferrous metal graph that shows ferrous probability as well as a numeric display . It seems to be pretty accurate so far on the targets I have checked . So far I do like this machine ,and believe it does have some good options . Not just bells and whistles -but actual useful options . It is not a hard machine to run {or learn for that matter}I do believe it has some serious potential . And in the right spot could pay for itself in short order . :icon_pirat: I even think takoda might like it !

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
I myself have used the Ace 250 and found some spent civil war bullets and shell fragments, and the thrill of the hunt. I have used it mostly for relic hunting, however on gold, you can play around with the depth of gold, and size, to determine proper signal. As far as that lode gold out there, I';m sure the GB will do mighty fine. All it takes is a lil bit of practice. I've got a compost pile of soft loam and a loose clay bed, so I can test out the signals in different soil types with all sizes of gold or metals, even metal bearing rocks.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
I forgot to mention I found lots of soda cans and pop tabs too :headbang: The problem with me is, every time I get the time to practice it's after dark and the metal in my floorboard interupts the signal. However, there's this blind spot where I can sense any metal and even get the best reception, while working a 250 inside. I can also stand on certain furnature to give depth readings.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FiresEye said:
I forgot to mention I found lots of soda cans and pop tabs too :headbang: The problem with me is, every time I get the time to practice it's after dark and the metal in my floorboard interupts the signal. However, there's this blind spot where I can sense any metal and even get the best reception, while working a 250 inside. I can also stand on certain furnature to give depth readings.

A couple of things,you may be aware of,first not all detectors do well on "lode", gold,take for instance the Minelabs,dont mount up to the GMT,second I am sure you know your furniture test is not accurate :hello:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
AU Seeker said:
Keppy said:

Keppy,

The Gold Bug Pro, is suppose to be a more refined/tuned detector, it may have more features, :dontknow:, I will be looking forward to Strickman's review, and any other I find out on the net, time will tell what the difference is.

Nothing describing the difference is on Fisher's website!! :dontknow: :dontknow:

I will be doing a little internet research on this now that the Pro has been relased, I will post any links to anything I find on the differences of Gold Bug SE and PRO

Skip
I will be watching for them sure would like to know why the price difference.....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread