Vaquero Vs Eldorado Vs Lobo

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Traq technology rocks the detecting world and man alive what a difference-John :icon_thumright: Lobo-then vaq-then eld is my personal preference-John

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
Super Traq technology rocks the detecting world and man alive what a difference-John :icon_thumright: Lobo-then vaq-then eld is my personal preference-John

True words spoken John. The Lobo is a true nugget detector that not only has the higher freq necessary to hit on the pinhead size pieces of gold but the higher gain/sensitivity. The Vaquero isn't even in the ball park. Why waste your time swinging a detector that isn't up to the task?

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOBO IS THE WINNER HERE :notworthy:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The Vaquero with the 5.75 coil is a good nuggett detector and in some ways is better than the Lobo ST. It has a manual gb and is much lighter and less expensive than the Lobo. I have found many ounces of nuggets with a Vaquero. I have also owned two lobo ST,s. The biggest drawback to the V is the GB, it is only a 3 3/4 turn pot an is very "touchy" ( I put a 10 turn pot on mine).

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well, it may be none of

The above. I found a Whites Gold Master II locally. Fella is asking $200 for it. Is that a fair price and would it be better with it's 50Khz?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The V will do if you have nothing else, but the LST is great. If your going to spring for a new LST, you might as well get the 5.75" widescan coil with it. It really helps seperate the gold out of trashy signals. The next two coils that you should think about if you go this route, is the 5.75" concentric and the Clean Sweep coil(3"x 7").
The 5.75" concentric won't always work in minerlized areas, but when it does work it gets great depth and trash seperation. The Clean Sweep coil is great for covering a lot of ground.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: tiny coil rocks the TLST,GS and my GB2 also,soooo much easier to get in/around trash,rocks and tiny nuggets--tons a au 2 u 2-John :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread