Detecting in AZ... no nugget, but....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry C,
I am confused, when you got to the part about reverting to the old way I thought OK big wrecking bar or tossing sand into the air with a blanket. I guess I'm a little backward, primitive, uneducated or just not up on stuff. Learn anything good while you were out there, I mean other than stay away from all natural plants in the area as anything that is natural out there bites, sticks or scratches?

Calling New Hampshire in the morning about work, we will see what happens. Heading for Oregon over or just before Thanksgiving, I need to pick up the rest of my belongings and bring them back to CA. That will include my backpackable dredge, hope the law that stopped dredging gets repealed.

63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry--that's pretty desert gold. Got some of that myself in the washes around Stanton--lots of work to get it but it sure is pretty. Congratulations, and too bad your back won't let you have at it longer.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey 63- Tnx Lanny,
Yes, that is Stanton,AZ gold. Found on the Y-Not claim. Elmer Stapleton, one of the claim owners told me where to go. And who was dry-washing right next to me the next day? Elmer! He was not bashful about putting you on the good spots! I also heard that a WI woman and her husband found a 3/4 ounce crystaline nugget at the Stanton wash. It's out there! TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry--I've found that lots of people that are claim owners are more than happy to show you where the gold is. What most of them have found out over the years is that even though the gold is there--it's dang hard work getting the gold, but they seem to love to see others having fun in a spot where they know the newbies will find gold. The old "universal" interest, instant bond of friendship thing--I believe.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lanny in AB said:
Terry--I've found that lots of people that are claim owners are more than happy to show you where the gold is. What most of them have found out over the years is that even though the gold is there--it's dang hard work getting the gold, but they seem to love to see others having fun in a spot where they know the newbies will find gold. The old "universal" interest, instant bond of friendship thing--I believe.

All the best,

Lanny
You are so right. And besides, nothing is better for the locals than to be successful. And he does a good business "selling" memberships to the claim for a certain, small, amount yearly. Tnx TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread