More 2010 gold

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

This wasn't the best year personally and as such, I only got to hunt for gold maybe 5 or 6 days. However, it did turn out just fine. Attached is a pic of the only nugget I found with a detector the year and it is one of the most beautiful that I have ever found.

This is the part I like about nugget hunting with a detector. You never know what to expect and I certainly didn't expect this. This particular nugget weighs in at about 0.6 troy OZ.

Hopefully, next year will be better and I can find this ones big brothers.

BTW, with all the fancy detectors out there, just which one did I use? Well, as it turns out, I had just made a minor repair to a GM 4 and was trying it out to make sure it was working correctly. It was as you can tell. I was using the iron id feature and did get a lot of iron signals from nails all around this nugget which is probably why it was still there. I was quite surprised to get that one signal that didn't produce the iron response and even more surprised once I figured out what it was.

Usually, I use my TDI and after finding this nugget I now know just how to set up the TDI to ignore the nails and find this nugget or similar. As I mentioned before, to be able to do this, one has to know more about the gold in the area and this nugget is a really good test piece.

Reg

Attachments

• nugget 2 pic.jpg
    nugget 2 pic.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,408
Upvote 0

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
A beautiful piece of crystaline gold. Congratulations. Gotta be more there as it hasn't travelled.

The Cat

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cat said it before I could.

I don't think you could find one any fresher if you picked it right off of the vein!!

Good going.

Eagle

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's an amazing piece!!!!!!! spectacular !

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great nugget, Reg! May I ask, Near what city... or if you must, what county? I've seen rocks like that come out of Arizona. Your work with your machine exhemplifies what I've been saying for years! Know your machine. Much more impotant than the cost or bells and whistles.... KNOW YOUR MACHINE! Great Job! TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Reg--great find!

All the best,

Lanny

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Wow! I want one! Great find and thanks for sharing it with us. Doug.
PS. What did you say the GPS loaction was?

OP
OP
R

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry,

The nugget was found in Summit county, CO.

Reg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: More 2010 gold and Many More To YA

Reg,
At the top of the list, Thank you for sharing! That is some of mother natures finest jewelry and an example of metal detectings Best!

Its at times like these that we can be thankful for our health, our knowledge and the goodness in our lives.

Have a Joyous Christmas and Wonderful New Year, 63bkpkr

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful crystalline nugget Reg!
That baby sure is close to it's source!
CGC

h20prospector

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2009
Security CO
Good looking gold. :thumbsup: Summit CO is fairly large. Would love to have nearby GPS coordinates, but that would take all the fun out of detecting. Was the location near a town? Us prospectors won't give exact locations, but how bout just over 2nd base?

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nuggets I have found with my X-terra 705 & GPX 4000

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 478

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done Goldseeker!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread