Gold Ring Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just Remember what ever detector you Buy I takes allot of Time to Dig up the Gold along with Nails, Pulltabs, Fishing weights, Foil , Aluminium cans( full or empty!! ) and Melted ones Found both, bullet lead once i a while a silver ring or coin!!! Figure out what your budget is and ask a few questions do a llot of searching online and Get out there!!! Chug

My first detector My wife bought for Me It took several weeks to find anything gold!!!

My second one 6 weeks to find anything gold!!!

Will I ever get rich from detecting ???? No But I'm going To Have A great time anyway!!! HH Chug

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM :icon_thumright: simply get a great notch machine like the tesoro Golden Sabre and 99% of the garbage just disappears--and when setup right--you don't miss squat AND guaranteed forever--John :notworthy:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
westexkid said:
Where I live, West Texas. The only gold hunting I can do, is to detect for lost gold rings etc. at local parks.
So I'd like to get some opinions, on which detector would be good for this type of detecting. A detector with
an edge on finding gold, not so much finding coins. Thanks All!

Look for a higher frequency detector around 14khz or above, they are more responsive to small gold (rings/jewelry). There are a lot of opinions, so best do much research on the detector you will settle with. One thing for sure you better plan on digging a lot of trash, gold comes in at almost all ranges of disc depending on its mass and alloy. There are no magic solutions, just better choices.

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
Whatever u decide on learn,learn,learn and understand what ur machine is telling u,for me i love my MXT with 6x10 dd coil it has been very good to me. HH

OP
OP
W

westexkid

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks to all for your input! I'll do some detector comparison, and probably chose one with an easier learning curve.
And then hit the parks!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get on to the machine forums (detector brands), and get on to more general metal detecting forums and read what ring and coin hunters are using. Ask lots and lots of questions as you start to narrow down your choice, and then ask even more questions. Narrow it down to two or more machines and get very serious about your questions (know what kind of ground you'll be hunting [soil type], the terrain [beach or parks], how much you're willing to spend, whether you'll be hunting in water or not--so--does the box need to be waterproof or just the coil, and how heavy of a machine (coil size and box size) you're willing to swing.

All the best,

Lanny

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
The Whites MXT is hot on gold but also has a coin/jewelry mode and relic mode. I have found mine to be an excellent all-purpose detector except it is not waterproof so it can't be used underwater.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions