Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldseeker4000 said:
So what does anyone know about these modern dowsing rods. do they work? Thinking of buying one. Anyone on here located gold or even a jar of coins from using these in conjunction with traditional detectors?

Here's the deal; skinny; secret; honest truth... If you have the aura and ability to dowse - you can do it with wire coathangers. If you don't have the right electrics and magnetics onboard, the best rods in the world won't matter a damn. - Terry

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Macklin if you hang your hat on the "it might be cheaper in six months" peg you'll never buy one. If you want one then buy it, could'a, would'a, should'a and their cousin maybe never found one speck of gold.

Gramps

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRandyMan...
Very nice explanation and so very true.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Send me one of them Beanies Russ

I already own half a dozen dowsing rods, might as well try a beanie and see what it does too? I have got some gold at spots where I map dowsed for it, but so far just fine gold.I've also been skunked a few times more than I care to admit to as well ... I just use a pair of thin copper rods inside hollow copper sleeves for bearing handles. The map dowsing seems to work better when using good aerial photos but also works with topo maps and the smaller the scale the better. 1:3,000 is lots better thatn USGS 1:25,000 for instance. Pinpointing in the field is the usual stumbling block even after a location is made I am finding out. I am a so so field dowser. I have heard of other field dowsers who are so good at it they prefer rods to metal detectors for coin hunts altho I have yet to meet one of these fellows in person yet? I had an Amish dowser mentoring me online but he seems to have disappeared. I am finding out myself that my health issues seem to be interfering with my treasure hunting more than I would like.Just had my gall bladder removed Monday and recovering from that. Sure hope it helps with my tummy ache issues?
You can have all the coolest gadgets in the world but if your health is poor and you can't get out in the field, what good are they? Hey, is that Lanny from the AMDS Prospecting forum? I wouldn't believe a thing that old fart Russ is telling us.You know what they say about folks from Missouri, the Show Me state?
Heck, I buried a cast iron kettle filled with pennies 5 years ago on a farm in Wisconsin and I can't get any of my rods to point towards it from a measly 50 feet away, electronic rods, copper rods, pendulum, etc ...pretty disappointing to say the least?

_tomV.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Tom--good to see you posting. Hope you find a way to find that kettle with your rods. Get well soon.

Goldseeker--I hope you find a mentor that can help you with your dowsing experiments.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread