May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read about it in the brand specific section but my main joy is gold. Was just wondering if anybody has expierence with this machine nugget shooting? It supposedly has the same programming as the GB2 pro. I have a Teknetics Alpha and honestly wished I saved my $200. Hard to pinpoint with and the tones are all over the place. It doesn't have the continous tone and manual ground balance like my GM 4/B.
But that's just the $200 econo model. I guess it's not fair to judge the G2 to a cheap model just because their both Teknetics, but............ Just looking for nuggetshooting expiernences. Thanks all.

Upvote 0

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had the chance to use aG-2 yet maybe some of the dealers on here can point you to others who can help out I think it a newer machine and many of us might not have had the chance for nuggett hunting yet. HH and may all the beeps in the bottom of your hole be golden

OP
OP
eureka77

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mr. Williams. I believe your correct, and alot of gold for you aswell.
Nitro 54 not sure where your at..........you talking about the g2?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never used one but it seems that every one that did answer you never used one either......... So you got no good responses............... I noticed that when i ask about a detector on this gold metal detecting fourm i don't get to many answers either ..... Good luck you will need it here......I did get a response from.. stickman ... but he is the only one......On this question could be you should go under the teknetics forum..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know but it could be gold prospectors do not use the ....Tek G2 or Gold bug Pro.... ???

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would not hesitate to buy the g2 after owning the t2. the t2 is very hot on gold nuggets down to about 6 grains. the g2 will do down to about a grain very well. Even in the mineral rich environment here in northern ca, it works as it should for a detector running in the 750 buck range after taxes/shipping. You will hear hot rocks and such, but learning what they sound like is very easy, and constant. The target ID is a great feature and will help immensely, it is seldom wrong and in dirty ground, can make life easy.

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I dont have much time but the Gold Bug Pro is a great unit and the bybiggest bang for your dollar right now. Check out my posts on Rob Allisons forum or the Arizona Outback forum. Posts will be titled TRINITYAU. Hope this helps. Good Luck, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ed T, the name does not sound familiar. I knew a Don Taylor that was an old time miner that lived in Weaverville. There is a fellow on this forum that lives in Douglas City that may recognize the name. He goes by Patches63 here on the forum, he may reply to you. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
Well you hit the nail on the head with the G2 being the same as the Gold Bug Pro. The one difference is that the G2 comes standard with the larger coil. The GB Pro comes standard with the 5" and optionally as the DP model with the large coil. The GB Pro is our hottest selling gold detecter by 4 to 1! The machine is extremely easy to set up and is capable of finding the smallest of gold. As mentioned, you will find hot rocks, but you will quickly learn the sound. If you have any questions PM me.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eureka, Hey buddy... are you aware that Fisher and Tecnetics are the same company? Even the trade magazine adds are exactly alike except for the product name. That would explain the similarity in the insides and outsides. I don't really know the parent company name but check them out... same animal. TTC

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
The parent company is First Texas Electronics. They also own Bounty Hunter and some night vision optics. They are based in El Paso. Just FYI. They are a great company that stands behind their products really well. Fisher has a 5 year warranty! And they honor it.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuggetville said:
The parent company is First Texas Electronics. They also own Bounty Hunter and some night vision optics. They are based in El Paso. Just FYI. They are a great company that stands behind their products really well. Fisher has a 5 year warranty! And they honor it.
Tnx, Nuggetville. TTC

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
Any time, hey TTC I was out in your area over the winter. We stayed in Sonora, CA in between GPAA Gold shows. We got down into LDMA Italian Bar but did not get to too many other spots out there in gold country. Hopefully some more this coming year. Take care and happy hunting!

Nick

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuggetville said:
Any time, hey TTC I was out in your area over the winter. We stayed in Sonora, CA in between GPAA Gold shows. We got down into LDMA Italian Bar but did not get to too many other spots out there in gold country. Hopefully some more this coming year. Take care and happy hunting!

Nick
Good Deal! I am told that an anchient river bed exists about 100 yards downstream and 25 Yards up on the right from "the Bar". I need to get down there with the GB2. The Bar is only an hours drive from here but I don't get down there enough! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread