xtera 705

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Don't have one yet but only heard good things on them, check out the metal detectors forum up from the gold forum they have a special section with lots of good info. Good hunting to you!!! :thumbsup:

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have very good luck with my X-terra 705 with gold nuggets. I like using it for nugget hunting more than my GPX4000. It is that good!!!!! What all do you want to know about it? These were found with the X-terra 705.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 3gram nugget.jpg
    3gram nugget.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_2669.JPG
    IMG_2669.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2670.JPG
    IMG_2670.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 537
  • 3gram nugget.jpg
    3gram nugget.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 514
  • firstnugget1.3gram.jpg
    firstnugget1.3gram.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2669.JPG
    IMG_2669.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2670.JPG
    IMG_2670.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 524

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I did have trouble with hot rocks, until I learned how to use the ground balance offset. When using the offset about 85-90% of the hot rocks dissapeared. Some still give problems but very few. I am looking forward to getting up in the mountains here in montana just as soon as snow melts, to get up there.

OP
OP
B

budrow

Feb 15, 2010
Goldseeker, thanks for sharing the pictures. I need to get out and set mine up if it ever quit raining. I want to detect this place but it has tons of hot rocks and I need to set the tracking gb offset and see what I can find. Did you find your gold mixed in with the hotrocks? How did the 705 react? Thanks for your response and good luck.

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the hot rocks are all mixed in with the dirt, clays and gravels. After I find a hot rock I would pump the coil over the rock and adjust the plus or minus aftergetting into the offset feature. If it gets more noisy then go the other way till it quiets down. then return to search mode. The gold bugs', Eureka Golds, tesoros, whites and garretts all have a problem with hot rocks in this area that I found these nuggets the 705 and the minelab pulse detectors can avoid them. There is a red hot rock that is really bad. usually find them in tiny forms, such as little pebbles. If it ever stops raining and temperature rises and melts the snow in the mountains, then I will head into the mountains for a couple months. Soon as I get enough money for gas and food, I might just go up to the mountains early and wait for snow to melt. Very anxious.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
goldseeker4000 said:
the hot rocks are all mixed in with the dirt, clays and gravels. After I find a hot rock I would pump the coil over the rock and adjust the plus or minus aftergetting into the offset feature. If it gets more noisy then go the other way till it quiets down. then return to search mode. The gold bugs', Eureka Golds, tesoros, whites and garretts all have a problem with hot rocks in this area that I found these nuggets the 705 and the minelab pulse detectors can avoid them. There is a red hot rock that is really bad. usually find them in tiny forms, such as little pebbles. If it ever stops raining and temperature rises and melts the snow in the mountains, then I will head into the mountains for a couple months. Soon as I get enough money for gas and food, I might just go up to the mountains early and wait for snow to melt. Very anxious.

Goldseeker--it sounds like you've got itchy feet just like me--I can't wait to get out and swing the coil either.

Great interesting post.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
B

budrow

Feb 15, 2010
Goldseeker, thanks for the information I'll put it to good use. Right now the Morels are starting to pop.
Metaldetector,Morels, Metaldetector,Morels. To many decisions maybe both. We had so much rain right now the rivers are really swollen and running fast. Goldseeker, If you and Lanny decide to go early up in the mountain don't forget the 44 Mag pistol the Bears are waking up and their drousy and hungry. Lanny, Ive been reading alot of your posts their really good and I think I read somewhere you got a new gpx 5000. If you can't head out, make a test garden and compare it to the 2100 somthing to kill time. Good luck, Budrow.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Budrow, (so sorry I missed your post!)

Thanks for your kind and generous comments. (I'm always packing something to keep the bears at bay when I'm in the mountains.)

Did you ever get out with your detector? I bought an X-Terra 705, and I'm learning how to use it by hunting coins with it. It really is a great coin machine, and I've talked to others that love it for hunting gold too. You control the frequencies you hunt gold with by the coils you buy--I'm not too fond of that because it makes it expensive every time you want to change frequencies as you have to buy a new coil!

However, still learning.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions