V3i - best coil for small nuggets?

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
So... I've got this awesome hammer (V3i)- and I know I need a sharp pick- but I'm still going to use my hammer because I can't afford another specific eastwing pick and nearly never need that pick except for this one particular vacation coming up- then maybe never again...
How can I set up my Hammer to get the most out of it.

Do any of you forum members have a particular coil and/or custom program that you use on your V3i for small nugget shooting? I've heard reports of 1/2 gram nuggets and know the prospecting mode will signal concentrations of blacksand and mineralization- but I'd like to hear more... Appreciate any input!
Thanks,
Chuck

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1more, I don't own a V3i. I do own a Whites GMT and a Fisher GB2. I have also own (or owned) a dozen other machines. It has been my experience and observation that small coils go with small targets. Big with large or deep. A large coil may not sound off on a very small target near the surface. And make no mistake... the very small targets (nuggets) are the norm. Get some different sizes for that good machine to fully utilise its potential. TTC

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
The little 4x6dd coil would be your best bet for finding small gold. This is one hot little coil with super separation..

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1M4Me,
deolslyfox has posted a nice chart of settings for the V3i, I think its posted on his brand of detectors forum. I do not think he's into detecting nuggets BUT he does detect for gold jewelry so some of his programs might help. Of course you can always write to him and ask where it is posted. Ask him about mineralized ground and the V3I!

Good Luck...........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread