Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Mt. Seagull just east of Minden south of Reno and Carson city would be the place that I would recommend. I have gotten some nice course gold there drywashing and I know others have gotten some nice nuggets there. The place that is difficult to get to is Cooper's mine on the summit. The last 1/3 mile of road is anything but a road. Get a Delorme Atlas and it will give you directions to it....jim

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim--great information--I wish I'd have had it last time I stopped in Reno. Most generous of you to share those tips.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East on Highway 50 just before the rise by the golf coarse is Brunswick road on the south side,hang a right and left when ya hit the Carson River and many 100's a miles of roads,trails,old tailings and such. At the trestle over the Carson is good gold and up Brunswick rocks. Virginia city Highlands has produced some great gold and chinese artifacts. Stay away from Carson canyon west a town as CC get some water from there and THEY THROW A FIT when your there,long story,so please watch out. Up stream from Dayton are some decent placers but huge factory built,and abandoned(yet another long story) and they bulldozed ,tore,and reshuffled immense amounts of gravels there also. There are the Lahonton placers and the Pyramid placers but STAY OFF INDIAN LANDS as you are a victim there bigtime. Tiny amounts of gold west a reno at Fued,upstream and the truckee too but small ,few far in between.Your in essentially a hardrock gold/silver area but out in the desert are many decent spots.Blackrock desert rocks bigtime but dangerous. Go to state mineralogy/geology dept and buy the book"Mines and Minerals of Nevada" and your golden :icon_sunny: :read2: -educate and prosper and tons a au 2 u 2-John

LenMc

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizonaames,
Sounds like I want to go there. However cannot locate area, Mt. Seagull or Cooper's mine East of Minden. I do not have the Delorme guide however. Can you provide any more info. on how to get there? Would really appreciate it!!!
Len

My mistake - it is Mt. Siegel & Slater's Mine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions