User guide for TDI

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I had the opportunity this am to go over Keith Zorger, George Kinsey, and Bob Buttafuse's USER GUIDE TO RELIC HUNTING. I found it to be completely accurate and a must read user's guide for the new and old TDI users of all ages and knowledge. There are 2 items that I want to point out that will be helpful. One can use the pulse delay to dampen or sharpen a target for a bit extra depth on those hard to hear deep targets. I also want to point out 2 passages in the guide:

1, "Keep in mind that adjusting the delay will have a direct effect on how the GEB" (GB)"operates. In general, when the Pulse Delay is advanced, The GEB control will have to be reduced. Example: A nail may be ignored at 5 with the delay at minimum, but may be ignored at 3 or less with the pulse delay advanced to 17.5."

2, "Always bob the coil when adjusting the ground balance, otherwise the SAT auto-tune will cancel the signal and result in a false setting."

I hope that Whites still sends this, "TDI Field Manual----Prospecting, Relic Hunting, Coin&Beach ---users guide with all of there TDIs. Highly recommended reading and using.

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread