Has anybody ever gold detected swift river in Maine?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I have not had much luck down near water level. But in the bedrock high (5 to 15 feet above summer level) over the East Branch I have found some nice small nuggets with my Fisher Goldbug 2.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
And, by the way, the best gold for panning comes out of the material you find breaking up the "books" of upended layered schists along the East Branch. It takes some work and wear Kevlar gloves because the rock is sharp.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats awesome to hear espeacially about the gold bug can you tell me how deep or was it embedded in rock or near black sand really want to put some time into this and any help is greatly :thumbsup: apreciated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread