Garrett AT Gold?

OP
OP
B

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Well I have some feedback. The prospecting shop by by house just got a model in. I took a vial in with about 14 tiny tiny spec of dust size flakes and the machine sounded off loudly. None of my other machines could pick it up. Unless I hear otherwise I'm buyin one in the next few weeks.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything I've heard was positive
I want one too. :icon_sunny:

Completely submersible :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend has one and said it picked up a thin gold chain. He tried a couple of other machines and they did not even let out a peep.

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello i may be moving down to ga/tn in a year. I was origanal looking at the garrett at pro but i still want to have the option to find gold but sill find jewlery and coins! Ecspsially coins! Would the at pro be a good detector?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lots of good folks with lots of answers on dual-purpose machines over on the metal detecting forum--try there.

All the best,

Lanny

dwaine99

Nov 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Gold arrived this afternoon... It is my first detector. I bought it because I'm retiring in the next 30 days, moving to Ga in the next few months and hoping to nuggget hunt in the streams near Dahlonaga....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
GoodyGuy said:
Everything I've heard was positive
I want one too. :icon_sunny:

Completely submersible :icon_thumleft:

GG~
Same here i have been hearing a lot of good things about the AT Gold.......

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only negative I've heard is that I'ts not so good in saltwater. :dontknow:

I went to my local detector store TODAY to test the New AT Gold against my Whites GMT............
Thinking I would trade in my GMT. The store did not have an AT Gold in stock so I tested my GMT against the AT Pro.

Not a fair test, my GMT won hands down. Of course the AT Pro is not a Gold tuned machine like my GMT is.
While I was there I decided to test the Whites MXT against my GMT and again while a closer contest the GMT still won.

The testing was done using a 1 pennyweight gold nugget.

So guess I will hold onto my GMT at least until I get a chance to test it against the new AT Gold.

GG~

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lanny in AB said:
Lots of good folks with lots of answers on dual-purpose machines over on the metal detecting forum--try there.

All the best,

Lanny
Yes but a lot of them do not prospect for gold so they would not have a good answer for him......

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Guy,
1) I smiled at your new picture, thanks!
2) Thank you for taking your GMT to test it compared to other machines and sharing the results. Interesting!
After you've compared the GMT to the ATGold please post those results as well, maybe even PM me about them. I've been doing the look at everything on Tnet approach to the winter slow down and I've gotten curious about new machines myself......63bkpkr

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
63bkpkr said:
Good Guy,
2) Thank you for taking your GMT to test it compared to other machines and sharing the results. Interesting!
After you've compared the GMT to the ATGold please post those results as well, maybe even PM me about them. I've been doing the look at everything on Tnet approach to the winter slow down and I've gotten curious about new machines myself......63bkpkr
Well since you are looking at the difference in the AT Gold & GMT..... what is you thoughts on the Tesoro lobo super Traq ?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
63bkpkr said:
Good Guy,
Well since you are looking at the difference in the AT Gold & GMT..... what is you thoughts on the Tesoro lobo super Traq ?

Hi Keppy,

Sorry, Did not test against the Tesoro lobo super Traq or any other Tesoro but I've always heard good things about the Tesoro line of detectors :icon_thumleft:

I did however get a chance to test against the new White's Spectra V3i and when it comes to small gold the GMT wins again!

The reason I wanted to compare with the AT Gold in the first place was because it is waterproof to 10 feet depth.
No other gold specific detectors (that I know of) can boast of that feature.

GG~

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out the Tesoro Tigershark. It's a VLF used for nugget hunting and is water proof to 200'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread