1st Generation Tesoro Lobo..need info

Desert Walker

Nov 29, 2011
Walking the Arizona desert
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems finding user reviews on the original Lobo is harder than finding gold. I've about worn my google search out looking for info and have only gleened one short remark about the difference in controls.
Can anyone give me a run down on differences between the Lobo and Lobo ST and what your opinion of the 1st generation Lobo is as a nugget finder. Also, is it user friendly or a struggle to work with. Thanks in advance......

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Zonie--there must be someone out there that can help you, or there must be a dedicated Tesoro forum with Tesoro lovers that can help you. Here on TNET, just stop back every once in a while and bump your thread back to the top.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Original Lobo was called the Gold Demon and I conducted testing that was utilized in the guide books for a few years. ST has better GB capabilities with faster signal recovery, slightly better shielding, better handling of large over sized junk so as to not blow your ears off as much. Finer attuned to smaller gold and has smaller coils also. I truly haven't compared the stats, I just bought(traded) when they came out and have used for many years as my main machine,along with my GB2 and Tesoro GS for coins/relics. Both good but TLST mo' better to me---John :notworthy:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the Lobo before was called just the Lobo then they came out with the lobo Super trac.......And i read ...... In the forum some were that Tesoro will not repair the lobo any more ... They will just repair the Lobo Super Trac.........

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No No and NO--lifetime warranity and all units protected for life to original owner. I've dealt with tesoro for over 28 years and when in resale never a bad deal to anyone ever. Rusty Blevens runs repairs and he fixes EVERYTHING--his employees anyhow. Gold Demon was/is/and always will be the frame upon which the TLST sprang. Internet is WRONG-call Tesoro and see for yourself as bashing is just BS--- :read2: let the truth set ya free as Tesoro annual book ran the story for a few years of the testing around 91-94-John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser John said:
No No and NO--lifetime warranity and all units protected for life to original owner. I've dealt with tesoro for over 28 years and when in resale never a bad deal to anyone ever. Rusty Blevens runs repairs and he fixes EVERYTHING--his employees anyhow. Gold Demon was/is/and always will be the frame upon which the TLST sprang. Internet is WRONG-call Tesoro and see for yourself as bashing is just BS--- :read2: let the truth set ya free as Tesoro annual book ran the story for a few years of the testing around 91-94-John
I am not bashing Tesoro ..... I like tesoro.....I just know what i read in the fourm about the Lobo not the Lobo super trak...Under Tesoro forum April,7 2011 ... under ..lobo , Lobo super trak..........by rey914u8............He was going to buy the Lobo.............He said that he was told by ..Casey... At Tesoro that the old Lobo was just that.,old electrontics..............And does not compare to today's lobo ST........They can not modify it to bring it up to today's standard.........................Also they don't make coils for it....... no warranty.....And said do not buy it..................

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi John , I have to agree with you on the Tesoro Supertraq, its an incredible detector. Its a turn on and go machine with auto ground tracking that works ! Its very quite in mineralized soil too. I run mine on normal ground, set sensitivity/gain at factory setting, all metal mode with disc set at 3 and use toggle to switch to disc just to check for iron, slight audiable threshold. I have used other brands and can honestly say Tesoro Supertraq built a great VLF machine and I love the lifetime waranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread