Upvote 0

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Sweet !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I bet I know where you're going back to next chance you get.
Nice job Frank.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Frank,

Many congratulations on that great find!! That's truly a gorgeous specimen--gorgeous! Well done.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Frank have you ran the test I posted on Nuggetshooter to see how much gold that righteous specimen has for weight?? :headbang: tons a au 2 u 2-John

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeeeeeehaaaaw, how sweet can it be, nice find

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe today John.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd still be doing hand-springs across the area Frank. :blob7:
Great looking specimen there. Well done for sure.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUTstanding! But just a little too big for that neckless. MAN! I wish I could find one too large to wear! Nice. TTC

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Congrats on a Super Find !!!!

Pete

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great find Frank :hello2:

Just goes to show that they are out there just waiting to be found.
What about details? What Detector used? How deep was it?
Were you using headphones, what kind? What size coil? Did you find other nuggets?
You know, tell us the whole story.

GG~

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us. I sure wish I'd been able to get down there and meet all you guys in person. Maybe next year. Thanks again, Doug.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratulations on that super find!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodguy, click on the photo of the nugget in the banner at top you will link to the story and details you asked.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link Good Guy!

If any of you want to short-cut the link, here's Frank's great little story of discovery. (Hope you don't mind the quote Frank, as now this will be with your story here on the gold prospecting, metal detecting forum.)

frank said:
No problem Rockdoc, but 1st let me say I have no clue what "Banner" means ?????

I damm near didn't make it down there for the gathering. I guess somebody "upstairs" saw a way for it to happen.
I loaded up the truck at 3:30 A.M. Sat morning an took off, it was drizzeling rain an by the time I hit the 40 interstate south of Kingman I was going thru a mix of heavy rain and snow.
Slowed down to about 40-45 and had to dim the lights to see.
I considered twice about turning around an going home, thinking what am I getting into ???
Something kept me going foward instead of turning around.
I was thinking about seeing all the guys again and I just love that atmosphere of a group of Gold Hunters at camp swappin lies at the fire at night.
And commin back to camp each day an seeing what all was found.
Ain't nothin like it, wish I was 20 again and could look foward to another 40 or 50 years of doin it.

Anywho, it went like this,
I started off covering side hills and some flat benches above the washes, that lasted awhile then the horrible temptation to get down into the wash came !!
Just knowing what would be ahead of me in the wash I was hesitant.
I've had a summer filled with diggin holes to China in washes for the ultimate piece of trash.
Started hittin signals thru some big rocks so that involved diggin around them to form a depression to turn then over into cause they were too big to just lift.
After doing that a few times and having it turn out to be the rock I got the drift of the hot rocks there an what they looked like.
Backed OFF on the power of the 3500 a bit to alleviate that syndrome an continued on with a few pieces of trash dug.

Then I hit an
Interesting signal at first, after moving 3 good sized rocks from digging the hole the signal turned to aawww f#$% another large trash piece
(overload) at about 7-8 inches down. Then I kept digging I was using the Ol Minelab Turdy-5-hundred with a 16" NF SL mono (love that analog) and even though
I cut a good sized hole I couldn't be quite sure exactly where the signal was from with the large diameter coil on.
So I called up the hill from where I was for Glenn and Mike to come down Glenn had a 5000 with the new 6x8 NF coil on it so that was perfect for getting
a direction on the dig.
Once I got that I started digging deeper in that direction at about 12-14 inches I started taking big scoopfulls 1 at a time out and waving it over
Glenns coil
waiting for him to say signal or not. Then 1 scoop had the target and I dumped some into 1 hand and it was still in the scoop,
then I picked out this good sized rock out of the scoop and just before I waved it over his coil I looked at him an said Tell me you don't have a signal anymore thats what he said NO SIGNAL !!

WOWSA WOWSA, in my brain I knew I had something good then in my left hand a dirty rock that gave an overload, brushed it once with the other hand an saw a glint of color, thats all it took popped that baby in my big mouth and it came out a muddy hunk of gold an quartz.
Then the dancin started ,... I looked like the ol timer in Bogarts "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" jumpin an praisin Mother Earth !!!!
Then I filled the hole went back to camp where Bunk was and said go get a new set of underwear I got somethin to show ya.
After that our "long distance bartender" Shep showed up with the "Cabo Wabo" the rest is history.
But I'm still recuperating
I'm callin it the Vampire Nugget because thats what it looked like a set of vampire dentures

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys , just got home from 6 days in the field, scared up almost a quarter oz. more but no big ones.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW , That would sure make my day.. my week .. my month... even ..my year.. nice going.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i can say is great find. Hope there's more in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread