Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd get a waterproof unit as the beach is the most corrosive place on the planet. Neither of the above is a nugget shooter but will work in some places though to find shallow larger nuggets. No detecting is near as hard a nugget shooting and demands much specialization in gb capabilities. Go to where the rich folks go for righteous jewelry at the beaches as po' folks lose pennies,nickles and dimes. Rich folks egos mandate they wear that expensive jewelry everywhere and thats where you come in to prosper greatly :laughing7: John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser John said:
I'd get a waterproof unit as the beach is the most corrosive place on the planet. Neither of the above is a nugget shooter but will work in some places though to find shallow larger nuggets. No detecting is near as hard a nugget shooting and demands much specialization in gb capabilities. Go to where the rich folks go for righteous jewelry at the beaches as po' folks lose pennies,nickles and dimes. Rich folks egos mandate they wear that expensive jewelry everywhere and thats where you come in to prosper greatly :laughing7: John
You said it all .. And it is all the truth..... So there is nothing for me to add to this...

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For sure.

Nicely stated John.

All the best,

Lanny

I have a little Tesoro Sand Shark that I've found nuggets with--it's just not sensitive to small gold nuggets (would only find well over a gram nuggets). And, because it's a P.I. machine, it handled the extreme ground well. However, there's much newer technology out there now--like the Garrett Infinium that some are having great success with for coins, jewelry, and for nugget hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread