first desert trip.(help)

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone well after the ban on suction dredging in CA I decided to give metal detecting a try and so far I love the hobby.I have decided to try out nugget hunting in the desert.Im noy sure where to go I live in Sacramento CA so there are plenty of options including parts of Nevada maybe even Arizona.I am trying to gather info to plan a trip.Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there flatsix,
When I moved from Michigan we wound up in Phoenix for a few months. It was summer, the humidity was low, so my older brother and I decided to go for a walk "on the beach". We did not bring with us: water, food, snake bite kit, etc.

I encourage you to plan carefully as bro, dog and I did make it back just fine and we never gave it a thought as to what we were doing and that we knew nothing about the country we were now in. I would think that both states have tourist packages for free and you might ask them to include specifc information on the where's and how too's of prospecting in their states.

TerryC on TNET would be a good contact as he's done/is doing what you are asking about and of course snooping around on the various TNET interest areas and asking more questons at each of them would be good.

Have fun and good success on your adventure.....63bkpkr

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flatsix. You are in luck today! You are cordially invited to stay in Yarnell, AZ with TimC and/or I anytime you desire. I have an RV and Tim has a mobilehome 7 miles from The Rich Hill, AZ area. We are also about an hour from the Lynx Creek, AZ area. You need not spend a dime to stay! You just pay for your own food. Grocery a block away.... restaurant... you can throw a stone and hit it from your "staying place" here. Accomodations are not "luxurious"... but, hey, FREE! Use my e-mail in my profile to get this gig started. You will NOT be putting us out. Not in the least. Check around this net or research. You will find the Rich Hill and Lynx Creek areas offer VERY good chances to find that nugget and color in general. Between TimC's equipment and mine, we will GAURANTEE you color.... maybe not a nugget.... but we WILL put you on some color. E-mail me! I insist you give us the chance to accomodate you. Incidently, you are about 12 hours away from us. Mohave, CA is halfway. I spend alot of time in Murphys,CA East of Sac. I'm here now and will be for at least a month.TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread