Anyone ever use long range detectors in their quest for the mother lode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a scam, if you waste your money on something like that you deserve the junk that arrives in the mail.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Carl-NC, the administrator at geotech1.com, has for many years had a reward, I believe it's a gold bar, for any LRL that could find it. He would bury it and then take the victim to the general area and let them do there thing. The only thing is that nobody wanted to accept his conditions which were quite reasonable so he has yet to part the prize.

I.E. when challenged to put up or shut up they haven't even tried because their crap is just that crap.

Gramps

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is kinda my inclination, but have never seen it discussed on this board, I thought I would ask

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want info, don't expect to get it from someone who has never used one. I have to laugh when that guy talks about the "victim" because that is the truth--anyone who falls for that skeptic hoax deserves it. Anyone who believes anything the skeptics say is gullible. Unfortunately most of what is posted on the forums is from people who don't know much about it. The skeptics go so far as to pose as LRL users.

My experience with gold mining is limited, but I did use a locator rod at one gold claim and got good hits in two areas. Later I heard that someone dredged one spot and found a one ounce nugget. The largest nugget found there in years had been a quarter ounce.

Dell Winders did a survey for a mining company with one of his MFD units. The fellow from the mining company wrote a letter saying that his survey was very accurate. Call him.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Right here at Tnet for ya, Oak.

Long Range Locators

LRL's are a very peculiar product in that the manufacturers who post here insist that anyone with brains having more backbone than a jellyfish is the enemy. When it comes to LRL's, gullibility is a prerequisite: on this both the "skeptics" and the manufacturers are in agreement.

--Toto

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure I can find gold at Fort Knox with them, if only they would let me into the building without trying to shoot me.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In other words, NO you have not used one but you did stay at a Holliday Inn. LOL

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In other words, NO you have not used one but you did stay at a Holliday Inn. LOL

I've never used a MIG welder, but I know it won't find gold.
I've never used a parachute, but I know IT won't find gold.
I've never used a crossbow but I know IT STILL won't find gold.

You don't have to use something when it's obvious to any thinking person that it can not find gold.

Now, if I did own an LRL, what could I use it for?
I could use it for a doorstop.
I could use it to hang stuff from (after I bend the coathangers)
I could use it for a wheel chock.
I could use it for target practice.

It would be successfull in ALL those tasks, but it still would never be able to find gold, silver, gems, or anything else beyond the chances of pure luck.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best long range detector I ever used is the computer, has access to - maps geological and other, aerial and satellite photos, historical records, personal accounts, heaps of good advise here on T-Net. So far it is unaffected by time of day, phase of the moon, solar flares or bad moods, though lightning wiped it out pretty thoroughly once.

I don't rule out the use of physic mediums, dowsing rods, spirit guides, mushroom circles and the like, just don't buy them off any non billionaires. If it worked, the first one would make it's owner filthy rich.

If I had one that worked, I wouldn't sell any others, the last thing I'd want would be other guys walking around picking up all the easy stuff. Nuggy

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding your biased opinion about all long range locators

Carl-NC, the administrator at geotech1.com, has for many years had a reward, I believe it's a gold bar, for any LRL that could find it. He would bury it and then take the victim to the general area and let them do there thing. The only thing is that nobody wanted to accept his conditions which were quite reasonable so he has yet to part the prize.

I.E. when challenged to put up or shut up they haven't even tried because their crap is just that crap.

Gramps

Here is a copy of a message on this forum that I sent to one of your members named Arthurj3811. That guy Carl from Geotech it is well known now that he has an obvious agenda in discrediting all long range locators because of who he works for and invested interests.If you read all of his supposed tests that he has done on every single long range locator that he debunks you will notice a pattern that he has where the testing is not complete on each locator,(some he just says "I turned it on and it didnt do nothing on my gold bar that was sitting on the table").Well come on,thats not a full scientific test,some of these units have to be plugged into the ground to work properly(as an example).And as far as that reward he offers he never really plans on paying it thats why it has standed so long. Do a little research before you discredit something and say its all nonsense.Robert Yockum the inventor of the Omni Range Master repeatedly invited Carl to Nevada over and over to demonstrate the effectiveness of his machines,well guess what? Mr.Carl always had some lame excuses why he couldnt make the trip and kept cancelling the dates to meet Yockum in person. This evidence can be found right here on this forum in a conversation between Carl and Yockum on one of these threads,now does this sound like the behavior of an honest man doing honest research into something? Does a bear crap in the woods?

Here is my post to Arthur on this subject:
Mr.Arthur,I wanted to congratulate you on defending the truth for several years on this forum about the different Lrls that you have and that you have had success with. I have enjoyed very much reading your responses to all the skeptics on this site that are closed minded and biased mainly due to a certain individual who has a website and has an agenda with big name detector manufactures to discredit all Lrl devices without even doing the proper testing on them. Common sense would tell you that they cant all be hoaxes otherwise how could a company like the Electroscopes still be in buisness after 30 years of selling these locators and thousands sold world wide? Wouldnt law suits have put them out of buisness by now? The only logical conclusion is that certain individuals on this site and other locations have an agenda to discredit long range locators for different reasons. I own 2 Electroscopes and they both have found me placer gold repeatably so I know they work,you just need alot of practice time to learn to use them correctly and not everyone out there that buys one of these Scopes is willing to put in the time to learn them correctly so then some people get frustrated and say they are a scam. You mentioned that you have the frequencys for the Omni Range Master. I just finally was able to track one of these down and purchase it for a low price after a 2 year search but it did not come with the original instruction manual. Can you make a photo copy of your complete manual and send an invoice to my paypal for the cost of making this? Let me know if you can do this and I would appreciate it very much. By the way is the inventor Robert Yockum still alive and just off the grid or did he pass away? Thanks for your time. I will give you my email address once I get your response.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buds Rich Kadolph(RIP) and Pete P. bought a dealership for $15,000+ and got 5 of them pieces a junk. Tried'm out in Auburn and 100s a other sites for years and as the "DEALER" stated when they complained-Well just find another sucker as you bought them....sic sic sic -NO NO NO way Jose-John

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Long range locators are a very interesting product in that for them to work you have to believe in them. Whereas my metal detector works whether I believe in it or not.

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long range locators are a very interesting product in that for them to work you have to believe in them. Whereas my metal detector works whether I believe in it or not.

Yeah well there goes another biased no "field testing needed"opinion for the skeptics camp. Well I have news for you Steve,not all Long Range locators are a scam,thats like saying you found a counterfiet $20 dollar bill one day in your wallet so now all money coming into your wallet are counterfeits.I mean come on now, where is the logic here with this way of thinking? I own 2 Electroscopes and they work period,it has nothing at all to do with belief it has to do with passive electronics and the the instrument that was designed to pick up on electrostactic fields of buried metals.Now do I understand the science to how this actually works? No I dont but if it works and I can see actual results,then who cares?And guess what I discovered about these things? They can pick up on a gram of gold from 21 feet away plus another 4 feet into the ground,now is there any metal detector out there in the world that can do that? Now you can start to understand why Electroscopes have received so much bashing and attacks over the years from great honest guys like Carl and others its because they are a big threat to major detector manufacturers if everyone out there suddenly realized what these things are really capable of! Can it possibly be an incredible coincidence that Carl Morleland is an engineer for a major metal detector manufacturer? It is a known fact that every living thing or non living mineral on this earth puts out an energy field and some of these fields can be detected by certain long range locators and other types of specialized instruments. Do I have to be Carl Sagan to know this? Does this have anything to do with belief or disbelief? No its a known fact that even your own body puts out an intense magnetic field or "Aura" of energy.You can even hook a volt meter up to your fingers an see an electrical current on the meter. Do I believe in all long range locators? No I dont, I myself was a skeptic untill one day a friend of mine showed me 6 morgan silver dollars he found one day with an Electroscope then I decided to open my mind a little and try one.And do you know what I realized after I learned how to use one of these things correctly and I found my first gold with it? My God how many years of time have I wasted with a conventional detector swinging a coil for hours and hours day after day digging junk targets to find a little gold if I was lucky!All because I listened to so many skeptical closed minded people! There are some long range locators out there that are a scam I can admit that but does that mean that every single one is bogus? Well only a fool would truly believe that. So In conclusion here Ill quote Einstein "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance"

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL LRL ARE A SCAM! Prove that statement wrong. You can NOT build a scientific instrument that behaves on beliefs.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I do believe that it is possible with the right technology to build a Long Range Gold Detector that can pick-up on the unique magnetic/electrical fields that somewhat larger deposits of Gold give off due to the electrolysis field it has developed over the thousands or millions of years of being in the ground. I also believe that there are a lot of scammers and scam companies out there looking for very naive folks that are easy targets for these scams. Do I believe that a company has developed a Long Range Gold Detector, yes but with the disclaimer that a test run would be what I would require before ever sinking good money into one, no matter who built the machine. With that being said, I believe that OKM just may have built such a machine but I somewhat doubt the machine's overall capability from their' literature and Ads and at a price of $12,900, one would definitely want a test to prove it works. OKM has built and sold some amazing technology from Metal Detectors, to Gold Detectors, Ground Penetrating Radar and Under-Ground Imaging Equipment that is totally revolutionizing Treasure hunting. I am in no way affiliated with OKM but I have long been interested and amazed at some of the technology that the German based company has produced. The pricing for most of their' machines is not for the faint of heart or persons on a beer budget but what price would you put on a Ground Penetrating Radars that have ranges of 40 to 80 feet? So, maybe their' pricing in the $20,000 to approaching $60,000 is inline with the technology you would get but maybe not, I don't know!

Frank

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Contactlight,

Pretty amazing how my simple little comment rates such a response. You guys carry pretty big chips on your shoulders. If your LRL units work for you, great. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread