Au insitu ,..II

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hi all,
Just made it out,..first time this year ! Yeah,.. don't get out often enuff. seem's the only valid excuse anymore is when my buddy from Virginia makes it out here to So. Cali for work . We always make a weekend[or more:thumbsup:] for chas'n that Au .
This trip friday too monday,..highnoon . We didn't make it out there till about 1:30 ,..P.M. !! the latest arival time ever ! Anyway , my buddy hit the ground run'n with his Lobo Super Traq ,..as I watched him top a hill to the N.W. .., I figured the Ol' boy might just out run that skunk,..this time . I went forward with my plan ,.which was to run a few larger & newer coils on my G.M. V-sat over some old patches . I didn't have any luck with the larger coils,.I'll try 'em again . But by days end the ol' stock 9x6 found the gold , 1/4 gr. And by sun down ,that Ol'boy had lost that Ol' skunk in those hills ,..made it back to camp with two bits of Au.
next morning ,my buddy hit 2 pc's right off,.on his "new" patch .And about noon ? I found this sunbaker .
DSC06914crrs640x429.jpg

This Sunbaker [.6? gr.] is the qualifiying bit of Au. for the title ,.. Au. insitu,.II it just rolls off the tongue nicely ,..could have just titled this post "Sunbaker"

By sundown saterday,.all the gold for this trip had been found ,

DSC06925crrs417x640.jpg

In this pic , my buddys gold is on the right side [T.W. 1.2? gr.] mine ,are on the left ,[T.W. near a gram] . my gold traveled home in water, and have a nice shine to 'em . My buddys ,stayed dry ,...dirty little things arn't they ?

Anyway,. there you go ,. if y'all have any sunbaker pic's throw 'em up here ,.. like to see them .
Thanks ,.. Blindpig

Last edited:
Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pics pig , haven't seen insitu in a while .cool

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's sure great to see some sassy gold!! Thanks for the post, and all the best,

Lanny

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold and story to go with it. Where abouts are you in So. Cali. I'm in Santa Clarita and are always looking for buds to go looking for the yellow stuf.
Edson

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! I like it. Good work. TTC

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
" My buddys ,stayed dry ,...dirty little things arn't they ? " ....... :laughing7: .

Nice shine Pig .

bossbear

Aug 26, 2012
Edson said:
Nice gold and story to go with it. Where abouts are you in So. Cali. I'm in Santa Clarita and are always looking for buds to go looking for the yellow stuf.
Edson

Im in castaic and started detecting today on my ace 250. Maybe you could show me the ropes?

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
treasurenet (2).jpg treasurenet.jpg Hey Blindpig, here is one that was setting on the surface a few months back. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice ray! i got a few last year like that, just laying there on bedrock. One 3dwt. People thought i planted them in the pics, so no more pics for me!

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
insitu1.jpg insitu2.jpg insitugold3.jpg insitugold4.jpg insitugold5.jpg insitugold6.jpg insitugold7.jpg insitugold9.jpg insitugold10.jpeg View attachment 668891 insitugold10.jpeg

Hey Joe, I know you work the rivers and streams mostly and I have found many pieces of gold just laying in the water or on the bedrock up in Trinity. Most of my gold is in the dirt down deep. I have found many, many sunbakers but did not have or use a camera back then. I have heard many comments on pictures being faked and I just write it off to inexperience of the individuals that are viewing them. Many people new to this hobby are told that there is no easy gold to be got anymore. Also a lot of people on the forums only get out a day or two a month or a year. I have been lucky enough to go when I want get out as often as I can and still do. Being very familiar with a hobby can certainly make it easier. We still need to get together for a trip somewhere.TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All, I forgot to write in the above reply that if you would like to see some very good pictures of gold in place go to Rob Allisons Nuggethunting and look at the menu for Natural Gold Nuggets . TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Trinityau ,.WOW!! I saw the pic's you posted here Aug 28 for the fist time last night! I don't know how I missed "em for near 3 mo. .???
Anyway ,.. Great advice given with these pic's,..Yeah right !! all the easy gold is gone !! True not as much , but even within my small Au posse, we have found pieces up to 3 oz. in well hunted so. cal area's , in the most obvius of places,. it just makes ya laugh ,......or cry ,..if ya believed ALL the easy stuff was gone .

Well,. thanks for sharing some great advice & AU Insitu pic's Joel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread