Kellyco Pro Series II Target Max Question-Please help!!

rjs2006

Jun 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, this is my first post and I hope Im not asking a dumb question or in the wrong spot. I emailed Kellyco with a question about the Pro Series II Target Max sold by Kellyco. A customer service rep sent me the user manual which explains how to use it but when I asked for more info on the premise of why should I buy it since its such a high price and their return policy requires a restocking fee if you dont like it, I only got the response of "Unfortunately, I do not have other information concerning this unit. " I wasnt asking for a lot but possibly point me to someone who has had luck with it like past customers or even someone in the company who can tell my why I should spend that kind of money on technology I don't understand. I was also confused because they claim it can locate placer diamonds which seemed really really unlikely or everyone would be using it. Does anyone here know about it or someone who has used it or even where I can get more info. When someone in sales is reluctant to give me info on why I should buy it or why I cant live without it, it really throws up a red flag. The best thing they can do is give you every possible bit of info unless it really doesn't work.It wasnt like I was asking for a schematic of how its built or even its secrets, if it even has any. Any advice is appreciated as i've used metal detectors in the past and that technology by itself may help locate gold and even indicator minerals where diamonds reside but not the diamonds themselves. The only things I know of for that sort of prospecting is X-ray Fluorescence and a couple other expensive types of technology. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Long range locators are not metal detectors, and from what I understand, the manufacturers will never give out the exact internal components as they are not metal detectors at all, so, that's probably why the company can't or won't give you any other information. I'm sure it's all about avoiding legal disputes--less information given out--less liability: no specific promises or claims--no specific liability. Some people swear by them--I've never used one--I've only experimented with metal detecting technology.

All the best,

Lanny

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice, use the money and buy a real detector.......

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what's being talked about:

Pro Series II Locators - Kellyco Metal Detectors

It's an "LRL". All LRL's are bogus. There's a Long Range Locators forum here if you care to become better informed on the matter.

Anyone who after having been informed what LRL's are, shells out big bucks for one anyhow, deserves to have it. On this specific matter I'm on the side of the vendor.

--Dave J.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stick with a magnet on the end would have done better, sorry you snookered on that!

Jul 12, 2014
Brenham TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTi 2500 pro plus box, cobra beach magnet, MPX digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sucks is the digital one doesn't show the distance or depth like the other two does. and kelly-co can't tell me either, so it's easier to buy the cheaper one for gold and silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread