I am spending 1000 dollars tomorrow on a gold detector! please help! tesoro,or whites

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anybody used a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq in tailings piles? How does it do? thanks steve

It is THE best VLF tailing pile machine on the market today.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whites gm/4 and love it due to the fact it finds very small gold, and helps me decide where to snipe and sluice sometimes,it also has helped me score some cool relics since i dig every target .... i had the pleasure of using a gmt for a while and liked it a lot cause it was so easy to use since i was basically using the same platform already, i liked the grab button and smoother threshold with autotrac.....I had been thinking about a Gold bug pro for a while now because it seemed like it would give me enough info during use to help me decide if i was actually gonna dig all the signals or not. One thing that was holding me back was that it looked CHEAP...when i saw it in person. Are they made i the U.S.A. ?..........I like my whites a lot and this thread has kind of made up my mind I guess I will just keep digging all targets. Dave I think that you might want to take some customer service seminars or something I can't see any of the higher ups at Fisher being o.k. with you basically calling even a potential customer dishonest wich is exactly what you have been doing.Kuger didn't do anything to warrant the responses you gave him on this public forum, and you do owe him an apology. You basically called him a liar and he has now proved that he was being honest...he really was passing on second hand information and admitted it.....so how about it an apology??????? especially about the spam remarks??????? You work for Fisher and bought a detector through consumer channels really?????? you had a problem with the machine and brought it in for repairs and the problem majically went away really, I find it funny you didn't bring up these covenient coincidences during the initiall exchanges....... could have went something like this" hey kuger I work for fisher as you all know I helped DESIGN this machine and take HUGE PRIDE In what I have done for the company and Industry shoot me a P.M. with as much info as you can when you have it because as you have stated you dont have it right now, and i will personally get to the bottom of this" If you post and read here enough Kuger is prett yeasy to read as blunt as nescessary and very knowlegeable....so what if his percieved tone rubbed you the wrong way your position requires you to suck it up and deal with it while acting like he never came off that way to you....even the lowliest cable T.V. customer service rep knows that. Instead you were implying that he didn't have the info and was just making something up because he was a Fisher hater.....

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Pville,but your wasting your breath,I hope to cross paths with this guy someday and we talk face to face...see what kind of attitude he has then.Also I havent had a chance but I have already printed this thread and will be in touch with the Owner of Fisher.I happen to have a friend that is very close friends with him.Small world it is!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ok Kuger....sometimes i just have to chime in......I wish more would......I believe these forums are here to keep people honest and am smiling now that I know it will go past this thread.... I really like the write upDdave J. did on VLF nuggetshooting but, because of this thread and our "recreational Mining" Thread interaction I am starting to think he is not fit to represent our mining and detecting communites regardless of technical achievment and doesn"t really have a grasp of the Big Picture.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preach brutha,there actually was more to this fiasco but it was deleted

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know it kills me that on a sight like this where we talk about being American anything is deleted................I think we are all mature enough to read differing opinions and make our own decisions.... i can even handle it if some one doesn't care for me and its no skin off my back.......It really gets under my skin when the mods pull posts

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
Tesoro Lobo doesn't work in tailings??

Mariposa, There are people above who KNOW what they are talking about! 63, Woof, and others... where is Terry Soloman?? I would suggest the Gold Bug 2, as I use it. I have found a little nugget, 1.68 grams. The GB2 is also a good tailings machine as it is manually ground balanced. The GMT can be used but only in manual mode. Auto ground balance will not work for tailings as the auto system must use the ground for reference. It cannot be held in the air (while in auto mode). TTC
I didn't know that the Tesoro doesn't work in tailings? I better not tell my Lobo that, because it's found a lot of gold nuggets in tailings here in CO, MT, ID & CA.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't know that the Tesoro doesn't work in tailings? I better not tell my Lobo that, because it's found a lot of gold nuggets in tailings here in CO, MT, ID & CA.

I'll second that! Most of my nugget hunting is on mine tailings and I use my LST and my GMT to great affect. I like how light the LST is with the 5.75" widescan while hiking up and down steep tailing piles.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you know it kills me that on a sight like this where we talk about being American anything is deleted................I think we are all mature enough to read differing opinions and make our own decisions.... i can even handle it if some one doesn't care for me and its no skin off my back.......It really gets under my skin when the mods pull posts

I agree, I think the moderators are a little too liberal with the censoring. If the deleted posts were from the individuals involved (Kuger, Dave, etc.), then that was a bad call by the the moderator. It was a discussion about customer service provided by Fisher. I think that everybody here, as potential customers of Fisher, is at least slightly interested.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I think the moderators are a little too liberal with the censoring. If the deleted posts were from the individuals involved (Kuger, Dave, etc.), then that was a bad call by the the moderator. It was a discussion about customer service provided by Fisher. I think that everybody here, as potential customers of Fisher, is at least slightly interested.

....and it was the majority of the Dave dispelling my claim,I never called him out,just stated that Fisher had better resolve the Customer service issue....and Dave proceeded(before he knew the story)to inform me I likely expected too much.I told the original buyer of the machine(the one that was going to go to the Better Business Bureau)and he was "miffed",to say the least and will also be "taking it further".Too bad.....as I said,I always liked Fisher Products,but when you have other companies out there that will treat customers the way they should be,and stand behind there products with no questions asked,no reason to put up with anything less

Post note....it appears the thread is still here....I swear it was gone,my bad,and I apologize.Good!!I needed to print it out!!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...06460-what-best-fischer-gold-bug-machine.html

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, Ken, if my post was/is misleading. What I meant to say is if you use a GMT for tailings, you need to be aware that the GMT... in auto-balance mode... needs to use the ground as a reference. That is to say, it cannot be used "in air" to check each rock as it will cancel each rock thinking it is ground. I don't own a Tesoro so cannot comment on its abilities on tailings. I was hoping Terry S could pipe in with the Tesoro. TTC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If members would follow the rules posts wouldn't get pulled. When someone makes a post and violate the rules it is either edited or pulled, we are not obligated to edit a post, it is done as a courtesy but if it becomes a problem to edit the post then they are pulled.....When a post is edited or pulled it is strictly the fault of the poster who violated our rules to begin with. The quickest way to get a post pulled is to make it a personal attack on a member......

People seem to forget or don't care that TreasureNet is a private owned business. Admins has set the rules as is their right as an American business owner....If you own a restaurant and someone goes in your restaurant and posts something up on the walls against your wishes do you as the business owner have the right to remove it?.....

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If members would follow the rules posts wouldn't get pulled. When someone makes a post and violate the rules it is either edited or pulled, we are not obligated to edit a post, it is done as a courtesy but if it becomes a problem to edit the post then they are pulled.....When a post is edited or pulled it is strictly the fault of the poster who violated our rules to begin with. The quickest way to get a post pulled is to make it a personal attack on a member......

People seem to forget or don't care that TreasureNet is a private owned business. Admins has set the rules as is their right as an American business owner....If you own a restaurant and someone goes in your restaurant and posts something up on the walls against your wishes do you as the business owner have the right to remove it?.....

There it is people. Talk, discuss, defend, state opinion, but DO NOT make it personal. I have in the past, got my posts pulled and or deleted, even got a warning. I have tried to clean up my act and be a better forum member. It is hard not to lash out when you FEEL you are being attacked, but I have learned to TRY and chill, and make my point without calling another poster out.. I think the Moderators here do a GREAT job.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ken (and Nuggetshooter323) After double checking my post(s), I need to respond to your reply to my post. Where did I mention that the LST does NOT work well on tailing piles? I have NEVER given a YES or NO or even MENTION the LST's abilities as I have never owned one and leave that machine to Terry Soloman, whom I consider our "resident Pro", when it comes to the Tesoro machines. I did say, though, the GMT needed to be in "Auto-mode" to be able to be used on a tailings pile. I WILL back-track on that statement, though. Late last night it hit me.... BAM...! Considering there are MANY ideas of what a tailings pile is, I will apologize because my idea of a tailings pile is FAR from all-inclusive. At the time that I did the post, I was thinking one of those piles made by a mine shaft pile.... large 3/5 pound pieces of rock, scanned individually for gold or silver. Then I thought of the piles left by drywashers that are very small.... and the piles along the Merced River, near Snelling, CA. Those piles are HUGE, 15 feet high and a hundred yards long, filled with river rock and dirt. I'm sure there are other types of tailings piles that will come to mind. In that context, YES, a GMT would probably be a good detector to use on such piles. I have only scanned 2 tailings piles with my GB2.... with negative finds, I might add. Yes, nuggetshooter, I back track on my statement about GMTs..... to the point made in my original post. But again, I cannot give comment on the LST as I don't own one. I will leave that to Terry S, which he has done. Incidently. my next VLF gold machine will be an LST, based on Terry S's expertise. Take care guys. TTC

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken (and Nuggetshooter323) After double checking my post(s), I need to respond to your reply to my post. Where did I mention that the LST does NOT work well on tailing piles? I have NEVER given a YES or NO or even MENTION the LST's abilities as I have never owned one and leave that machine to Terry Soloman, whom I consider our "resident Pro", when it comes to the Tesoro machines. I did say, though, the GMT needed to be in "Auto-mode" to be able to be used on a tailings pile. I WILL back-track on that statement, though. Late last night it hit me.... BAM...! Considering there are MANY ideas of what a tailings pile is, I will apologize because my idea of a tailings pile is FAR from inclusive. At the time that I did the post, I was thinking one of those piles made by a mine shaft pile.... large 3/5 pound pieces of rock, scanned individually for gold or silver. Then I thought of the piles left by drywashers that are very small.... and the piles along the Merced River, near Snelling, CA. Those piles are HUGE, 15 feet high and a hundred yards long, filled with river rock and dirt. I'm sure there are other types of tailings piles that will come to mind. In that context, YES, a GMT would probably be a good detector to use on such piles. I have only scanned 2 tailings piles with my GB2.... with negative finds, I might add. Yes, nuggetshooter, I back track on my statement about GMTs..... to the point made in my original post. But again, I cannot give comment on the LST as I don't own one. I will leave that to Terry S, which he has done. Incidently. my next VLF gold machine will be an LST, based on Terry S's expertise. Take care guys. TTC

Terry,there are some great tailing piles with a couple miles of Judy's house,that deserve checking out

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,there are some great tailing piles with a couple miles of Judy's house,that deserve checking out
Kuger, I've got at least two in mind. The one below the Dutchess Mine, and the diggins' east of Cataract Gulch, along the Stan (Ponderosa Way). I will also check out the bottom of the gulch coming up from Collierville power source. That one is on private property (with 4 hard-rock mines) and will be a placer location. Tnx. TTC

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,I am talking Placer.....those are 1850 vintage and were after big gold with ineffient methods,I dont mess much with hardrock tailings,with that you pretty much know when your into gold,and keep all that rock.....usually

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,
No big deal, I was just throwing my two cents into the thread. Every detector is different, every piece of ground is different, so we really need at least three or four just to cover our bases. For some reason my wife is having trouble understanding this. My next detector is going to be either a GB2 or an MXT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions