Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I am spending 1000 dollars tomorrow on a gold detector! please help! tesoro,or whites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times

I am spending 1000 dollars tomorrow on a gold detector! please help! tesoro,or whites

I will be using this detector in califirnia desert and azusa canyon. and I want to find gold! whites,tesoro,gold bug I am 99% sold on tesoro lobo super trac! please give me some advice and help!

May 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Bought a Tesoro SuperTraq yesterday, did a fair amount of research - my first gold specific machine. Took it out for few hours, very sensitive and easy to use.

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times
    thats what I was thinking about tesoro also but they have no good videos on you tube or any decent gold reviews online! most reviews I have found are about finding coins not gold you would think that a person would master the machine and post videos on you tube of them in the field finding gold! very strange!!!! the reviews I have found say the machine cant find gold 1 gram or smaller!!!!!!

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times
    I just found this video. it seems pretty good!

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    228 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol perfect View Post
    thats what I was thinking about tesoro also but they have no good videos on you tube or any decent gold reviews online! most reviews I have found are about finding coins not gold you would think that a person would master the machine and post videos on you tube of them in the field finding gold! very strange!!!! the reviews I have found say the machine cant find gold 1 gram or smaller!!!!!!
    Most of the Tesoros aren't that great for gold prospecting (nor does Tesoro claim they are as far as I know), that's why you don't see much online about that. The LST however was designed specifically for gold prospecting and under favorable conditions can find gold down into the sub-grain range.

Meanwhile, there are other good machines in roughly the same price range, particularly the Fisher "new Gold Bugs", and Tek G2 which is functionally the same thing. These machines are versatile and easy to learn, and you'll also find them useful for beeping the targets your E-trac and Prizm missed due to masking.

--Dave J.

PS: Before plunking down your money, I recommend reading my book "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector", available online as a .pdf document on both the Fisher and Teknetics websites. Even if you wind up getting a machine that isn't a Tek or Fisher, at least you'll have some idea how to use it effectively.

Jul 2012
    nc Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    838 times
    I've had a Tesoro Lobo for 12 years, and never had a problem with it. I live in ohio, so not alot of chances for nuggets, but in all metal mode you can locate tiny pieces of metal (lead shot.) It's taken alot of abuse from me and never faltered.
    Life time warranty.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    'South' Texas
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    1408 times
    PistolPerfect Good Morning,
    Terry Soloman uses the Tesoro Lobo ST at his mining site/training camp in the desert, he knows what he's doing with this machine and he likes it. Me I own a Whites GMT and it has found gold for me though I'm in the mountains in northern California. The GMT is my second all gold machine, used to have a gold bug, and the GMT is the only machine to find gold out in the mountains. Takes lots of work and practice regardless of which machine you buy!!!...63bkpkr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	188_8852.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	658967

Name:	185_8517.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	658966

Name:	191_9175.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	658968
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Jul 30, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
    leprechaun and TerryC like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Dan or Daniel or Lucky if I've found Gold.

May 2012
    Mariposa, California. USA
    MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
    681 times
    I'm looking for a machine what would be great for tailings. I have recently met someone that has old gold mines on his property and he wants to go through the tailings for gold specifically. I am in the California Gold Country. Anyone that want's to suggest machines for this purpose, would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking the GMT after seeing the video above Price may be an issue. I have a Garrett Groundhog, but not certain it works correctly.
    Last edited by mariposagold; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1620 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposagold View Post
    I'm looking for a machine what would be great for tailings. I have recently met someone that has old gold mines on his property and he wants to go through the tailings for gold specifically. I am in the California Gold Country. Anyone that want's to suggest machines for this purpose, would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking the GMT after seeing the video above Price may be an issue. I have a Garrett Groundhog, but not certain it works correctly.
    Mariposa, There are people above who KNOW what they are talking about! 63, Woof, and others... where is Terry Soloman?? I would suggest the Gold Bug 2, as I use it. I have found a little nugget, 1.68 grams. The GB2 is also a good tailings machine as it is manually ground balanced. The GMT can be used but only in manual mode. Auto ground balance will not work for tailings as the auto system must use the ground for reference. It cannot be held in the air (while in auto mode). TTC
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times
    thanks for all the help! I am pretty much now sold on the gmt or gold bug 2!

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1842 times
    You cant go wrong with either machine
    And yes you can null out hot rocks even on tailing piles with the GMT!

Everything you wanted to know about the GMT in a complete 6 part instructional video presented by experts and engineers who helped develop the detector.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jul 30, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1182 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by woof! View Post
    Most of the Tesoros aren't that great for gold prospecting (nor does Tesoro claim they are as far as I know), that's why you don't see much online about that. The LST however was designed specifically for gold prospecting and under favorable conditions can find gold down into the sub-grain range.

Meanwhile, there are other good machines in roughly the same price range, particularly the Fisher "new Gold Bugs", and Tek G2 which is functionally the same thing. These machines are versatile and easy to learn, and you'll also find them useful for beeping the targets your E-trac and Prizm missed due to masking.

--Dave J.

PS: Before plunking down your money, I recommend reading my book "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector", available online as a .pdf document on both the Fisher and Teknetics websites. Even if you wind up getting a machine that isn't a Tek or Fisher, at least you'll have some idea how to use it effectively.
    Yes i have that book "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector " By Woof....aka D.J....Very good information i would say you should read that book it will help you out...... The more info you take in the better you will be at what ever you do...
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times
    thanks kuger! I allmost purchased the wrong machine! I found a mint gmt on craigslist for 500 firm. it has everything like new! box,2 sets of headphones,plastic scoop.etc

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    thanks kuger! I allmost purchased the wrong machine! I found a mint gmt on craigslist for 500 firm. it has everything like new! box,2 sets of headphones,plastic scoop.etc
    Thats not a bad price,have fun!!!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors