White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Willy

Take a look at the AMDS Alaska Mining forum. Steve has a lot to say about both detectors. I'd say MXT.. but then again, I'm selling mine so could be accused of having an ulterior motive. I have, however, prospected up there with an MXT (very successfully) as have numerous others. ..Willy.

OP
OP
nitro74d

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I think I will trade my DFX in for an MXT I was checking out a nugget shooters forum and they too say that the MXT is more versitile than the GMT.

Thanks

Nitro

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Nitro, DEFINATELY the MXT. If your DFX is in really good shape, some dealers will trade you a new MXT for it, and you'll thus be able to get the $150.00 Shopper Dollars promo, which can be used to get a second coil for a mere $10.00 shipping fee. Hope this helps; HH Jim

OP
OP
nitro74d

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim is that for all dealers or just participating dealers? I might call around I am not sure how many dealers are in my area though. I live In Brooksville, Fl. Closest big town is Tampa.

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Nitro, ALL factory-authorized White's Electronics dealers can give you the coupon, once the sale is complete. Brooksville, huh? I'll be there in 2+ weeks, visiting my wife's aunt. All the way from California. Small world! When you get your MXT, be sure to get a copy of my latest nugget hunting "how to" book, entitled "Advanced Nuggetshooting - How to Prospect for Gold with a Metal Detector." That, and my pamphlet "Recommneded Settings for Finding Gold Nuggets with the MXT" will tell you everything you need to know (except a place to go!) to optimally use the MXT for prospecting. Hope this helps; if you need more info email me at [email protected]. HH Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread