? about detectors.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detectors find all metal, wish there was one that just found gold...

You have to give us more info.
You hunting land or water?
Your primary interest is what; relic, old coins, jewelry or what?
What part of country or world your in?
What soil conditions you have?
What is your budget? Telling us in middle isn't enough, tell us the max as well.

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Thank you for responding. I live in California but it will be primarily on land may the creek or something thats about it for water. I think like some where around $1000 should be good enough? And looking for gold silver coins jewelry just the basics. Thank you.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Thank you very much i will look it up.thank you for your time.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Minelab X-Terra 705 covers all metals and is under your budget of 1000 dollars as well. Plus, it has lots of features to help discriminate (sort) worthless metals from the desirable ones. Check out youtube for this machine and lots of others to see demonstrations and field tests of various machines that do both jobs (discriminate for coins and jewelry and have a separate circuit for gold hunting in mineralized ground).

All the best, and welcome to the passion,

Lanny

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you're at it you may want to check out the Whites MXT...... One metal detector with three completely separate operating modes. Just toggle switch between gold prospecting, coin/jewelry or relic. The MXT™ Tracker™ becomes a specialized metal detector for that type of treasure. And it's under $800

White's MXT Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Garrett AT Gold.

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a good look at the Tesoro Outlaw as well.
Excellent price, three great coils (included) and some excellent features that create flexibility. I was torn between this one and the Vaquero which is an excellent machine and many would say slightly deeper.

I am wanting to buy a detector but i want it to cover all metals not just gold. I don't want the cheapest one or the most expensive. Something in the middle. Any suggestions? Thank you.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:
While you're at it you may want to check out the Whites MXT...... One metal detector with three completely separate operating modes. Just toggle switch between gold prospecting, coin/jewelry or relic. The MXT™ Tracker™ becomes a specialized metal detector for that type of treasure. And it's under $800

White's MXT Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

I
Agree with him it's an amazing
Machine. No need for
Mxt pro only minor differences
Which you don't
Need as a beginner.
You can't go wrong

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread