Whites GMT

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to see you packing it in.... so soon. If it is financial, I can understand but if not, give it more time. The GMT can be used to collect clad, and a ring or two. With a little effort, you will be able to pay for the machine in a year or less. One more thing.... if intent on selling it, you can get 300 or 400 for it. TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with my brother. Don't give up so soon. The machine is a very good detector. At least try a playground nearby. Under the swings, the monkey bars. Anywhere that kids like to climb and jump from. One time I found more than three dollars in quarters under one of those silly-looking "horsies" on the big spring. In fact, that is the park where I found three rings in one day. You have the MDer that can do it. Give it another try. TKC

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya Eric, sorry it didnt work out for you.
I hope you get a decent price back on your auction.

And please, dont be a stranger here, come back and share some stories. :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bid placed, I can always use another GMT, one for each hand, cover twice the ground :icon_thumleft:

*Oops Sorry Ben I bid before I saw your post. I will not raise my $306.00 bid
I hope you get it, I love mine.

GG~

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eric, this is what I would like to do for you. It will take your help and the help of Ben Cartwright. If you shut down the bidding on your detector..... and accept Ben's bid ($311), I will send an additional $400 to you. You get almost as much as the machine's cost, Ben gets the detector, and everybody's happy. Agreed? Why? I sense a financial need on your end. Let's just call it Tnetters helping another of "our family". My payment? If you get the chance, down the road, try to do the same for another of our family. Terry

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody "8****R" already bid to $311, I bid again to see if I could figure out their "proxy bid" and I went to $341 and they are still higher, now at $346 so someone put a high proxy bid.

The other thing I am not sure about the effect of ending early on feedback etc. but someone would have to be the high bidder to get it.

TerryC by your picture I take it you are Marines. I was Navy 1972-1976 but my dad was on Iwo Jima (as well as Roi Namur, Saipan and Tinian). I set up a website for him and his men HQ224USMC Honoring the men of the HQ Company and if you ever saw the military channel show "Battle Rats:IWO JIMA" at the end a Marine has his ashes scattered on Mt Suribachi, that was my dad. Check out the website, lots of pictures of P.I. in 1942-3 and pictures of the battle sites today.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ben, I'll simply bid $700. Ben and Eric, if you two will give me a PM, I'll verbalize my idea. Ben, My hat comes off to you and your dad. Thank you for your service and sacrifice to this great country. OORAH!!! Terry

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Somebody "8****R" already bid to $311, I bid again to see if I could figure out their "proxy bid" and I went to $341 and they are still higher, now at $346 so someone put a high proxy bid.

The other thing I am not sure about the effect of ending early on feedback etc. but someone would have to be the high bidder to get it.

TerryC by your picture I take it you are Marines. I was Navy 1972-1976 but my dad was on Iwo Jima (as well as Roi Namur, Saipan and Tinian). I set up a website for him and his men HQ224USMC Honoring the men of the HQ Company and if you ever saw the military channel show "Battle Rats:IWO JIMA" at the end a Marine has his ashes scattered on Mt Suribachi, that was my dad. Check out the website, lots of pictures of P.I. in 1942-3 and pictures of the battle sites today.

I checked out your videos, pictures, and history. Excellent tribute. It's amazing how young those fighters were, and the unbelievable sacrifices (casualties of the body and mind) placed on the altar of freedom so we can enjoy our freedom today.

All the best,

Lanny

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked out your videos, pictures, and history. Excellent tribute. It's amazing how young those fighters were, and the unbelievable sacrifices (casualties of the body and mind) placed on the altar of freedom so we can enjoy our freedom today.

All the best,

Lanny
Very elegantly put Lanny.... even more so when taken in the context that you aren't a U S citizen. But then, the sacrifices made for freedom are universal. Condemn war, but honor the warrior. Thank you, sir (said while bowing deeply with hat in hand). Terry

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very elegantly put Lanny.... even more so when taken in the context that you aren't a U S citizen. But then, the sacrifices made for freedom are universal. Condemn war, but honor the warrior. Thank you, sir (said while bowing deeply with hat in hand). Terry

Terry, not to hijack this thread (excuse me Eric long enough to reply please), but you're most welcome. The appreciation for all soldiers engaged in the cause is profound. My family (immediate, and extended) payed a heavy price in WWII: air force, navy, army--my uncle's body, a fighter pilot, still lies somewhere in the English Channel (one of over 20,000 Allied Airmen whose bodies were never recovered). He gave his life (after years of hard-fought service defending the foreign skies of England) while on a pre-invasion mission prepping for D Day, just off of Normandy. I have complete and utter respect for those that were willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice for freedom, as well as the often harder to identify and recognize, life-long sacrifices of those that survived.

All the best,

Lanny

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sold for $620.25 ...... Anyone here get it?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petaluma did VERY well,another example of the Gold craze going on right now....I venture to say it will be back on the market soon........

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Petaluma did VERY well,another example of the Gold craze going on right now....I venture to say it will be back on the market soon........
I agree, Kuger. It will probably be back. Today's mindset requires INSTANT gratification. If results cannot be attained in the required primetime slot, it is dropped! It's a shame Eric did not PM me. I was prepaired to offer more. Oh well, falls back to that INSTANT mindset I think. Take care, my friend. TTC

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've noticed that people who don't prospect don't really understand the work and the knowledge base required to be sucessful. A treasure hunter has to have more than average optimism and motivation to experiment and work through the failures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions