Met up with TrinityAu today for a little MDing. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Met up with TrinityAu today for a little MD'ing. :)

Today I met up with TrinityAu for the first time, been meaning to do it for a while now and glad that I did. :)

Ray was helping me figure out my GB Pro a bit more and about the geology and mining history in the area that we were hunting today.
The area that we were hunting is all pocket gold and some very old creek worn gold.

Ray was able to get two very nice little nuggets today, I hope he can post a pic of them for us. :)

While I did not find any gold I had a ton of fun today and learned quite a bit about the area and how to listen for gold and read the machine a little better.

Thanks Ray, I look forward to heading out with you again and going farther out. :)

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve been waiting for this post! Glad you finally hooked up with a valuable resource up there:goldcoin:

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, NeoTokyo was able to meet up with me for a couple of hours today. I was able to show him a few spots where I have found gold and show him areas where detecting could pay off. In the process I snagged two small pieces from some hard worked areas. You just cannot get it all.

Todays trip was a bit different for me as I usually take my guest on a walk that will show them many areas and give them somewhat of a short version on local geology. Normally I am breaking brush and they are right behind me. Today I walked down a wide trail with Neo, his wife and two of their three children. We also had a stroller in tow so it was not a normal day for me. It turned out pretty good though as we stopped at a few different locations and I was able to show Neo a few things before he had to leave and get his other child from school. However, I think after I found the second little coarse piece he was wanting to stay and detect more and was a bit hesitant about leaving. In the end he did the right thing and left to get his other young one. LOL I had a good time and it actually took me back to when I taking my kids out detecting years ago when they could hardly walk.

Here is a picture of the two small pieces garnered today. One out of the dry creekbed and one off a hillside. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Attachments

• NEO.jpg
    NEO.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 202

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WARNING WARNING Rays walks can last for miles and miles,up hills ,through gullies,belly crawls under manzanita, and over dales and and work off experienced hikers tales. I would like to see Herb(BKpak 63) and Ray have a hike off. Both ol'farts like me BUT hiking machines as like Herb hauls purt' close to a 100lb backpak to the most glorious places east a Sacramento and Rays part mountaingoat. Hahahah-would be a multi day or even week long event ending in arizona or Wyoming I'd guess??? John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
At least from the picture, pretty obvious which piece came from the creekbed and the hillside. Each one truly has a beauty of their own... Good health and good hunting....

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, I really wish I could have hiked more with Ray but it was the last really nice day for a while and my wife and 2 of my three daughters came with us.

I went back a second time that day after I picked up my oldest daughter from school, we hunted for a couple hours in the area that Ray found the course nugget but all I found were tons and tons of .22 shells and one really odd belt buckle or something old as heck.

As soon as the rain breaks I plan to go up again. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a pic of what I dug my first couple days out with the GB Pro. :)
No Gold but lots of fun.

IMG_4690.jpg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets see that buckle!!!!!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will go grab it in a few and clean it up a bit.
Its a really simple square buckle but odd at the same time.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Neo,

Nice finds in your pan. Those old square nails are all over the place. Glad you had a chance to get out with Ray--very lucky for you.

Keep swinging that coil and sooner or later you'll get it over the gold.

All the best,

Lanny

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That light-colored rusty rectangle on the middle right reminds me of the can-openers we used to take on hikes. You got them at army surplus stores, and they were
called M-25's, or t-19's, or?....somebody help me.... Anyway I see your gold pan is nice and scruffy lookin. Its starting to absorb the fun adventures you've had
this year("if this gold pan could talk!")

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of what I dug my first couple days out with the GB Pro. :)
No Gold but lots of fun.

IMG_4690.jpg

Awesome. I love finding stuff like that when MD'ing.

I really miss buriedcrap.com

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well John I would enjoy a short hike with Ray, maybe we could turn around when we reached the Tetons. Now John you might be an
old F but just for the record I am only 68.5 years 'of age' as I am not old yet. I have no clue of when I will get old, maybe I might
slow down when I reach 125 or so, maybe. However, I love being out in the mountains, I love sharing them with others, loved it when
my children were with me 'out there' and miss not having them with me.....63bkpkr

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I have never met Ray, but I would not bet against 63 as I have been out in the mountians with him. I have seen what that man carries, and how he moves through those mtns. He has this youngster (56) beat all to LL. :notworthy:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That light-colored rusty rectangle on the middle right reminds me of the can-openers we used to take on hikes. You got them at army surplus stores, and they were
called M-25's, or t-19's, or?....somebody help me.... Anyway I see your gold pan is nice and scruffy lookin. Its starting to absorb the fun adventures you've had

I still carry one of those on my key chain, comes in handy, but don't grab your keys to tightly8-)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still carry one of those on my key chain, comes in handy, but don't grab your keys to tightly8-)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GG - P-38 - I see I'm not the only one with too much time on my hands(the video) :laughing7:

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ray, are you still around?

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Eric, I am still here. I am finishing my book up and dealing with publishers. I have your number and will call Saturday night. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions