Gold Detector Questions

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm aware of the fact that there are various metal detectors out there, but I'm unsure if there is anything specifically for gold - also at a cheap price.

Are there any "gold detectors" - detectors that only beep/signal when they find gold in the ground?

I would like to know if there is such a thing... a detector that doesn't get set off above a single lost nail of nickel...

I'd also like to know: how deep can these hand-held machines detect?

Thanks in advance,

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See prior post as found a nice monster nugget 1+ oz BUT I would personally use it for that yse,albeit I knew of a couple a handicapped old boyz who prefered it as they didn't waste their time bending over for crumbs. ME??? I want it ALL :headbang: Jake H was a customer who love digging up ol privies :tongue3: for bottles and of coarse up comes jewelry,coins and much trash with them. He came to a SMPA outing and I took him to the cobble piles with TONS a trash to demo and up pops that righteous 3/4 white matrix 1+ ozr nugget. Also read post please as many MANY 1,000's of rings,coins,keys,knives ,glasses and everything on the planet at them beaches. Store in OC was close to HB and there almost every work day training new unit buyers as all units came with FREE unlimited taining also...fun in the OC and MUCH cashin but LA--yuck-ran screaming back to the hills after bank was full Full FULL and much happier me and had to de-VC train my son as punjab sticks were not a 5 year olds toys as taught there :dontknow:-John

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So which one is the best and why?
The Original, the Plus or the II?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to buy the other 2 and do at least a 100-200 hour in field comparable analysis to answer that question and in fact don't care enough to invest my time,$$$ as folks must learn to DO THEIR OWN as why should I ??? John

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a simple question that I figured you would know the answer to.

There are no good google search refs about the three so its not like I did not try to find out info about them, how else would I figure out that there are 2 other models?

OP
OP
El Dorado Seeker

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a "tricorder"... Apparently smartphones are the closest to these gadgets, but we're still unable to create small "handy" gadgets that can detect gold at least 1 meter in the ground... Too bad. I think, even if someone has/had the technology, it would be "top secret", otherwise we'd all become treasure hunters!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser

You can click on settings at the top of the page, and click edit ignore list, type in the members that are sniping you and they will disappear from your view. Out of sight, out of mind...

Great ol'unit rebuilt for yet another 27 years a trashy fun--John PS-Sorry to come off a mite hostile but have 2 idjets blazing all posts and about to fix that problem for good.. I can even make a ol'school TR unit sing like a angel with reverse discrimination but BFO :tongue3: nope hahahaha--again sorry if short--at 5'6" always so---John :headbang:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your friends close---and your enemies closer--what ya advocate is to blissfully wander along with no knowledge and I have NEVER passed up any knowledge I could aquire as NOBODY is right all the time. Ifn' ya' wander throughout the woods with your eyes closed tight :dontknow: how ya a gonna know when to shoot snakes???John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
All I know is lifes to short to sweat the small stuff, and as it turns out, its all small stuff:occasion14:

PS... Mr. No Shoulders is not hard to spot or shoot:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread