I need help finding gold in Mohave county..

spacetimecont

Jan 15, 2005
Hello, I live in Lake Havasu city, arizona. My grandpa is a physist, investor, as well as a casual gold panner. He knows all about gold, and has taught me a few 'tricks' when I was a young boy.

I was reading a magazine in which gave directions to a place in mohavy county (Route 95 right before parker, called Williams creek or something like that) where gold was supposed to be. It didn't say gold has been found, but rather it had the 'potential.'

Tommarrow my family and I are leaving to go to my grandpas, and conviently, his house is on the way! But, I was wondering, has anyone ever panned there? I hope there are some people on this forum from arizona, so I can only guess. Perhaps there is another forum I can go to that has all residents from people in arizona? ..because I really want to know where exactly this place is. My parents wouldnt let me buy the magazine..but I know its offside the road by williams stream/creak.

Anyone able to help?

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Say there, if you haven't left yet, or are visiting by now and can get online, get on the Arizona Outback Prospecting forum and post your request there. You won't find a more knowledgable bunch on Arizona's gold producing areas. I've been there and seen some of the gold those guys have found, and, it's beautiful.

All the best,

Lanny in AB

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Send a PM to captbil here on the forum, he's got a place down that way and might be able to point you in the wright direction, good luck in you're hunt

kenb

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach
The Bill Williams river runs from near Lake Havasu east to hwy. 93. There are old river garvels just west of Alamo Lake, but they are in a state park. Should be able to pan in the area though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread