Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2005

I need help finding gold in Mohave county..

Hello, I live in Lake Havasu city, arizona. My grandpa is a physist, investor, as well as a casual gold panner. He knows all about gold, and has taught me a few 'tricks' when I was a young boy.

I was reading a magazine in which gave directions to a place in mohavy county (Route 95 right before parker, called Williams creek or something like that) where gold was supposed to be. It didn't say gold has been found, but rather it had the 'potential.'

Tommarrow my family and I are leaving to go to my grandpas, and conviently, his house is on the way! But, I was wondering, has anyone ever panned there? I hope there are some people on this forum from arizona, so I can only guess. Perhaps there is another forum I can go to that has all residents from people in arizona? ..because I really want to know where exactly this place is. My parents wouldnt let me buy the magazine..but I know its offside the road by williams stream/creak.

Anyone able to help?

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1813 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.

Re: I need help finding gold in Mohave county..

Say there, if you haven't left yet, or are visiting by now and can get online, get on the Arizona Outback Prospecting forum and post your request there. You won't find a more knowledgable bunch on Arizona's gold producing areas. I've been there and seen some of the gold those guys have found, and, it's beautiful.

All the best,

Lanny in AB
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Dec 2004
    Long Island New York
    White's XLT
    2 times

Send a PM to captbil here on the forum, he's got a place down that way and might be able to point you in the wright direction, good luck in you're hunt

kenb

us
    Mar 2003
    Cocoa Beach

The Bill Williams river runs from near Lake Havasu east to hwy. 93. There are old river garvels just west of Alamo Lake, but they are in a state park. Should be able to pan in the area though.
    "Him thief him friend of him last Guinea,
         Him kill both Friar and Priest, Oh dear.
             Him cut de troat of pickaninny,
                 bloody, bloody buccaneer."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links