Nova Scotia Prospectors

b.fralick

Greenie
Sep 1, 2003
Hi Folks,
I'm looking for info or contacts of persons or groups doing any gold prospecting in Nova Scotia. Also rules and regs would probably be most helpful too. I'm a dredger located here in New Hampshire and would like to try dredging or maybe beach boxes out on NS. I have been doing web searches but not with any good results.
Thanks for any info you have and are willing to share.

Bill

Upvote 0
I

Idiggold

Nova Scotia

Hi Bill, save your travelling expenses. There is NO (and I mean ABSOLUTELY NONE) good or even remotely decent unstaked gold claims in Nova Scotia including beach claims and off shore as well. You'd swear that there was a gold rush on up here, it's staked that solid and it's been this way for quite a few years now. A very high percentage of prospectors take claim jumping very seriously up here as does DNR. The fine is $10,000.00 Cdn. so you have to be SURE you are on unstaked ground. You are also supposed to be licensed as well which means a trip to DNR in Halifax. I don't know what is involved for non residents as far as licensing either. Dredging beaches is not going to be done up here as the Beaches protection act really cuts into what you can do. There have been several projects stopped in their tracks due to tight regulations in the past few years and even inland on streams, dredging is EXTREMELY limited due to the ignorance of Department of Environment and Department of Fisheries. Lastly and most importantly, placer gold is EXTREMELY limited here due to extensive and repetitive glaciations. I started into placer years ago and turned into a hardrock miner due to the lack of it. You may have better luck in Quebec or New Brunswick but I am not sure. I hope this helps you.
Allan

I

Idiggold

Howdy Fred! I sent you an email a few minutes ago. Try replying to it. I haven't been having any one else having problems reaching me. don't know why yours wouldn't be getting through to me.
Alllan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread