trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scott's Day...

I went out for a day trip today with Scott S. We went to one of my old haunts. Scott says that detecting up here sure aint like being out on flatland. I think he was happy with the outcome however. I walked him through some diggins that are getting pretty slim nowadays. I think he wanted to stop and start detecting several times. We kept on moving up the canyon and finally hit the turnoff trail. I showed him the area and gave him a few pointers and we were off and running.

I went up a long pocket run that led me all the way up to the top of the mountain. I blanked and was able to find a few somewhat clear areas and make it back to the trail. When I found Scott down along the gulch he was breaking brush to wedge his body into position to swing his detector. He had found one nice piece of lodestone with gold attached, he found it in a red clay pile along the edge of the gully.

After a break for a few minutes we moved down the draw and worked a little point that had some cobble mixed up with the country rock. I played with the area by myself for a few minutes and stayed right along the watercourse when Scott came by and detected just a few feet above where I had walked. Within a few minutes he had a nice signal. About six inches down he pulled out his second nugget of the day.

We detected a bit more and started to head back down the trail stopping at a few of the places we had seen while coming in. With no luck and the skies starting to get darker we headed back to the rig. We got to my place and put the clean piece on the scale first, 2.6 Dwts. Next we put the lodestone specie on the scales and it read 3.5 Dwts. All done Scott had a good day and I think he was happy. I blanked, its been awhile since I have done that and I dont like that feeling but it was a fun day seeing Scott find gold. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Attachments

• 132013a.jpg
    132013a.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 132013b.jpg
    132013b.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice little story--great little read Ray--the pictures jut make it that much better!

All the best,

Lanny

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pieces...the way I see it you took a fellow Prospector out to a spot you knew would produce...and you guys came back with nice Gold...maybe you didn't dig it out this time Ray. But, I just can't see it as a Blank:notworthy:. Now if you go out by yourself and it happens...Then maybe you.......just don't tell us about it, as your reputation is at stake:thumbsup:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is just an excellent post, so easy to visualize. Were you using the Goldbug Pro and 5" round DD Ray? Thanks,

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread