Im looking to prospect Alaska near coldfoot if any takers want to go?

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As well as california I am also interested in going to alaska. As we all know AK has much more placer gold then all the states in my opinion. One thing i lack is 4x4 vehicle so either someone will have to have that or if someone wants to fly into alaska and hike to some streams and camp it out for a few months then that would be great! If there are any crazy prospectors like myself out there that want to go for the gold in this rigged and crazy environment please let me know. I have some great places in mine to prospect and if neither of us have a proper vehicle then you must be up for hiking into the wilderness and have it packed into one hiking bag. I have a folding sluice, a 2.2lb metal detector that folds up and i have a tent that unfortunately is 6 lbs but I am ready to go i just preffer someone to go with especially in this environment. Would i go by myself? Yes i would but first i will see if anyone wants to go. Gold is where it is found so who is up to go with me? You must be free and not tied down to a job because this is not just a weekend trip im wanting to go for a few months and if the gold is good then maybe longer.

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(This is in response to the invitation to go to Arizona in the winter.) Even in Feb., at night, you'll need warm clothes, and extra bedding--unless you have heat. In the daytime, it's often quite pleasant, but if you're out at night for any reason, you'll need warm clothing. Take reading material, DVD's or movie files if you have the capability, music, etc. If you have a set of binoculars, they're invaluable. If you love the stars and have a night-vision device--the stars are fantastic in the desert. A snake-bite kit, just in case you're still there when the critters with no shoulders start to get inquisitive. A long-handled pick, if you're metal detecting (safer for snake areas). Remember that everything in the desert bites, pokes, or stabs--so, clothing that offers protection from that as well. A camera to document your adventure, and some way to record your adventure (digital or pen/pencil and paper). A hat and sunglasses for the sun. A first-aid kit, work gloves, sample/collection bottles (film containers, plastic bottles, small glass vials), a compass if you don't have GPS, reliable flashlight, spare batteries, general pain medication (tylenol or aspirin) as initially--you will have sore muscles, good socks to protect your feet, if your trailer is unheated--a warm cap and dry socks to wear to bed, gold pan, magnet, thin paper plates or sheets of paper for processing dried concentrates, and always consider how you'll protect yourself in isolation (depending on your location).

All the best,

Lanny

Adding two items to the list - tweezers for pulling cactus spines out - Led Zepplin album to keep the Jack-a-lopes at bay.

OP
OP
K

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha fullpan jack a lopes! tweezers! more like tweezers for the gold :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone is interested in the rich hill area Chris Golsons book on rich hill is a must! Check out his Arizona Outback website.

Here's my copy...TTC

RH.jpg

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Terry C.

I see Chris T. Gholson is listed as a degree in B.S, thats amazing I also am a B.Ser..lol All jokes aside that is a great book!!!
:laughing7:

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, how did your adventure turn out?