need quick help .... lobo super traq or whites gmz?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay guys i need some more help i have never been metal detecting before but i have read alot of info on nugget shooting i have a question....

i have a chance to buy either a lobo super traq or a whites gmz for 400 each i really like the stories and reviews of the goldmasters in fact i plan on saving and getting a GMT one day but i can get one of the others right now im only planing on gold prospecting with them from what i have read they are pretty close to being the same but the lobo is better all around but like i said im looking for gold only.

thanks guys i plan on getting one tomorrow...:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i did it...i ordered a gold bug pro on amazon from kellyco. after my gift cards i only had to pay 174.00 out of my pocket thanks guys for all the help at this point i think i might start to save for a gmt or somthing eles not sure yet but i think i just might like the gbp its seams like it is alot like the gmt mabey not a sensitive but it sounds like it is pretty close now to get some good headphones for it ill have to beg for more gift cards lol.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold Bug Pro is a great bang for the buck detector. Use the search function here to find and read all the posts by trinityau (Ray Mills). He is the probably the most knowledgeable guy around on the Pro. I have one myself but Ray is the real expert.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reading rays post on the gold bug pro on here and a couple other forums that you(steve) and terry are in also is what got me pluse if I do relic/coin hunt it seams to be a great machine per the videos on youtube. Thank you guys for your advice with all your guy's experiance its worth its waight in gold to a novice like myself.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats , give us a update on depth when you get the thing mastered . im waiting for the GMT , seems the mxt pro can do it all and the GBP can do both .

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes ill update as i go..now im looking at a set of gray ghost headphone are those a good set?

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using Gray Ghosts for over ten years. Got some Sun Ray Pro Golds recently that I also like. They are very similar phones. The Sun Ray have leather instead of vinyl ear muffs which may do better in very hot weather for some people.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh that's good to know it's really hot here in the summer and at those price's I would need them to last for awhile.I see that terry is giving a set away if terry use's them in arizona then they should hold up here in bakersfield,ca. On a funny note my six year old boy thanks were going to find captain jack sparrow's pirate treasure and he is about as excited to get the detector as me he ask's everyday when he gets home from school if it came in yet lol.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whenever you get around to it, get a backup set of headphones. I carry two pairs with me because I've learned the hard way too many times simple little breakdowns can ruin your whole trip. Like going scuba diving and my only set of fin straps breaks, or going hunting and having the ATV and all the gear on the trailer and getting a flat on the trailer(with the spare at home)...... total pisser.:BangHead:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought Sun Ray Pro Golds "NEW" at an estate sale last weekend. The gentleman that had them never used them his daughter said. I am embarrased to say what I paid for them as I know what they cost new but Alexander Hamilton was on the bill I gave to the gal.

I am torn between buying the Fisher Gold Pro or the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I like what those that have said in regards to lifetime warranty, made right here in Arizona, and the number of coils that are available. With my trip to Missouri approaching quickly I need to make the purchase soon to get some time on the MD. Prescott, Az. is less than a 4 hour drive from my location.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks fr the tip ill get a decent second set once I get the good ones

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay guys just ran accross these and thought i would ask if there any good Detectorpro Rattler Metal Detector Headphones seems like a good idea keeping one ear open to hear my kids when there with me i think they would be used as a second set just for when i have my kids out. or maybe there good to use all the time i dont know?

Amazon.com: Detectorpro Rattler Metal Detector Headphones: Electronics

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been thinking about a getting a pair of those because I've been taking my 9 year old daughter with me more often. I always end up pulling one side of my headphones off one ear so I can keep track of her.

hay guys just ran accross these and thought i would ask if there any good Detectorpro Rattler Metal Detector Headphones seems like a good idea keeping one ear open to hear my kids when there with me i think they would be used as a second set just for when i have my kids out. or maybe there good to use all the time i dont know?

Amazon.com: Detectorpro Rattler Metal Detector Headphones: Electronics

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
41Cxw-vZTvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41Z99P3ZKYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Check these out. The red Koss's are for racing scanners and metal detectors, with a passive noise reduction system and their about $53, half the price of Grey Ghosts. The black Koss's are QZ-99 noise reduction stereophones, $38, it has a passive noise reduction system to isolate listener from ambient noise, volume control, and stereo mono switch. It also says both are for scanners and metal detectors, and you can get them on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks i think ill check them out.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i got the gold bug yesterday it was really easy to put together and man its light ill have no problem swing it all day. now i just have to get some time off to us it thanks again everybody for all your advice and help with this now all i need is headphones and im set i think im going to get those qz-99 that nuggetshooter put on here

thank you

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck, and Big Gold! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread