Anyone working the mxt e series in mariposa?

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview2 said:
Kuger

Does the Merced irrigation district own those tailing piles??? My next trip to Coulterville, I hope to go up 99 so I can see the piles in person..

Oak if you want to see the piles, your best bet is to go to the park just outside of smelling. I think it's called Henderson. The huge piles butt up to the park parking lot and you can walk along the river to get a better view of them. You can climb them as well. Right now would be a good time cause no snakes. But we've talked before and you ain't afraid of snakes. Lol. Btw just driving down highway 59 and seeing the piles is pretty incredible.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Charles

I am looking forward to seeing them in person. Can you metal detect these piles at henderson. I would love to get in there and do some raking and detecting

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thx you nuggetshooter!! I can use all the info out there I can get! Appreciate it. Mj

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles

I am looking forward to seeing them in person. Can you metal detect these piles at henderson. I would love to get in there and do some raking and detecting
I am not sure if it was the case there,but on that same latitude,are the dredge fields around Jenny Lind/Milton,its the remnant area of the Ione Sea,very little big gold....like detectable size.All pretty fine,that is why the dredges were the way to go,they could move the massive amount of material it took to make it pay

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES you can detect thoughs fields, occasional large pieces of quartz laying around and if you dig down close to the river theres gold flake

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks again to everyone who has added to this discussion it as been very helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread