Pround New Owner Of A Gold Bug Pro

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Gold Bug Pro arrive sooner than I thought. Chris Gholson at Arizona Outback had thought he would not receive shipment until the end of the month. I have joined Desert Gold Diggers and have all their claim maps. Went to my first meeting and was surprised at the amount of people in attendance. If I were to take a guest I would say maybe 150 to 200 members or guest. I am really excited about getting out and learning. I have had a few conversions with Ray Mills on the phone as he hooked me up with Chris. Ray is an authority on the GBP and I am sure I will be calling Ray with some questions. I have also met another forum member (Gray Ghost) in these forums and he lives in Tucson as well, we plan to hookup and search for gold. We both have the same equipment so hopefully I can pick up some pointers from GG as he had owed a Fisher F75.

I am surprised at how lite the GBP is. Another neat item is the MD has one single 9v battery to power the MD. We have been having some very nasty weather of late. Yesterday it began snowing around noon and was still snowing late last night. We see snow about once every 4 or 5 years. Desert Gold Diggers has an outing schedule for the Arivaca area area March 10th of which is my birthday so I will plan on going. 8-)

gbpg.jpg

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats, you are going to have hours and hours of fun. :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the new acquisition Viper...:occasion14:

I'm looking forward to reading the reports of your first outings. I'll be ordering a GBP
just as soon as I sell my CZ6a. For some odd reason I feel like a 10 yo. waiting for Christmas
to arrive, and my wife thinks I've "lost it" because I spend the days going over Google Earth,
researching the areas I'd like to go nugget shooting in. Could it be that this affliction is much
more common than I had thought..?
moose.gif

Mike

Last edited:

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new toy. I'm sure you'll do well with it. I can't wait to upgrade my GB to a GB2 or Pro. Payday can't come soon enough!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find a nugget large enough to aptly name it the "Birthday Nugget" :occasion13:

GG~

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, its a great detector and I really like mine. Can't wait to find my first nugget!

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gratz!

If you ever hit the Little Bruiser claim in Oracle let me know how it does. That is some nasty ground (the hill with the mine shaft & grave). GB2 is almost useless there and the 705 works but is crippled running so low. Some sections are fine but the good looking areas are really hot ground.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations AzViper… there’s nothing like a new nuggetshooter to pick-up our spirit. We men have enough mundane chores in life… going to work, cutting grass, and washing the truck… not to mention everyday frustrations. We deserve a bit of respite from the usual BS… and there’s nothing like nuggethunting to put things right. Great benefits for the small expense. Good luck… we’ll be waiting to see some results. :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

BigBob

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson, Az.
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Tucsonian!

Great I'm in Tucson also. I'm just getting back into MD. I have a BH Lone Star which is pretty weak & I'm looking to upgrade. Coins at parks just don't cut it. They don't even have swings at most parks anymore (too dangerous?) & a lot of parks have artificial surfaces.
I want to go after some gold & so I'm checking on here what machine I should get.
Let me know how that GB does.
Bob

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZViper,
That looks like a great rig-detector/headphones/pick, nice selection. I sort of envision that bobcat with a blue Bow on its head come the 10th though I would not want to be the one elected to attach the bow! Practice, plant a detecting garden, practice, learn and take your time out there as patience is required to finally put that coil over your first piece of gold.

Best of luck and congratulations on the purchase....................63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZViper--I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in nugget-shooting! And, maybe you'll hit some coins and artifacts as well.

All the very best,

Lanny

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everyone,

Well I did not shell out thousands of dollars but its my beginning rig into searching for gold. Now I am not going to say that down the road other gear may at my disposal but lets see if I find the yellow. Now about that little kitty to my left. Here are some additional photos. He was perched on top of a 30 plus foot Saguaro. As you can see alseep at one point. Here is a link to a thread I posted to this question, Strangest encounter you've ever had while metal detecting? Link --->> http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/234795-strangest-encounter-you-ve-ever-had-while-metal-detecting-2.html

96803675.png

41035644.png

41074334.png

21546027.png

19074680.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Practice, plant a detecting garden, practice, learn and take your time out there as patience is required to finally put that coil over your first piece of gold.

Best of luck and congratulations on the purchase....................63bkpkr

I have been gathering items that I may encounter while detecting and digging holes in my backyard about 6 inches deep.

Lanny this is my first find. Can't say it was with my metal detector though. It rolled out from a book I brought home from Missouri into my lap. This is a $20 dollar Double Eagle.

image22fv.jpg

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and bury that double eagle in the backyard for practice blindfolded - I dare ya!!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go ahead and bury that double eagle in the backyard for practice blindfolded - I dare ya!!

I doubt that this piece of art has ever seen dirt... and I can say to you that it will not while I am the owner, but I did allow that I idea to bounce around in my head a few times while digging holes to bury some metal in the backyard... LOL

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and Big Gold to you! Looking forwqard to seeing your finds!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations and Big Gold to you! Looking forwqard to seeing your finds!

Thanks Terry, it was a toss up with the selection of the GBP over the Tesoro SuperTraq. It really came down to Ray Mill and Grey Ghost. Chris who lives in Tucson (We have yet to meet in person) has used a MD and after some YouTube videos he decided on the GBP over the GMT, Chris had owned the F75 and decided to look for gold. Chris and I had exchanged PM's then Ray and I exchanged a few PM's and next thing I knew I got a good deal from Chris at Arizona Outback. Then I picked up the new Sun Ray's at an estate sale. As you know I am a fan of Royal Manufacturing in CA. so I bought their pick.

I am excited to get out. I have received some great pointers on using the GBP and have read many articles in locating that yellow stuff. Now its hands on and the enjoyment of being outdoors. Whether I find gold or not at the end of the day if I have a great time hunting, being with family and friends is really all that matters.

Last edited:

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some time back I was a brief member of the Tucson Desert Gold Diggers and hunted in the Greaterville area. It was fun but didn't find any gold, but I only hunted the area a couple of days.

Be careful and listen to the club members. I understand gold hunters have been having problems with the NF rangers fining people for picking up junk and carrying it in a pouch. Something like an old nail can cause grief, I understand. So, when in doubt, leave the junk where you found it.

I never did hunt around Arivaca but I think most of that is BLM. Best to get the maps of both areas to be sure. Personally, I use a GPS with a special chip installed that tells me the land status and boy is it worth the money in my opinion.

Best of luck with your new detector.

Reg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry, it was a toss up with the selection of the GBP over the Tesoro SuperTraq. It really came down to Ray Mill and Grey Ghost. Chris who lives in Tucson (We have yet to meet in person) has used a MD and after some YouTube videos he decided on the GBP over the GMT, Chris had owned the F75 and decided to look for gold. Chris and I had exchanged PM's then Ray and I exchanged a few PM's and next thing I knew I got a good deal from Chris at Arizona Outback. Then I picked up the new Sun Ray's at an estate sale. As you know I am a fan of Royal Manufacturing in CA. so I bought their pick.

I am excited to get out. I have received some great pointers on using the GBP and have read many articles in locating that yellow stuff. Now its hands on and the enjoyment of being outdoors. Whether I find gold or not at the end of the day if I have a great time hunting, being with family and friends is really all that matters.

Ray is one of the good guys, and a well respected California prospector that I follow on Chris Gholson's forum, as well as Bill Southern's and Rob Allison's forums. The DGD is a Great club that I worked with back in 2008 (Mark Paris), when we started running prospecting adventures near the Mexican border. You can't go wrong with your machine and set up - Big Gold to you! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread