My First Nugget - I Have Named It - Banana Nugget

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday was a bust as I really did not get to use my MD much. A friend of mine invited himself to go with me. I knew it was a mistake as there would not be much for him to do but to hang out and bother other members of the club. So to get him involved we decided to go crevicing with the crevice vac I built. We manage to suck up four 5 gallon buckets from bedrock and cracks in the rocks in about 9 hours. We move boulders and pried open crevices to reach the goodies inside. We panned maybe a 3rd of one bucket to see what we found. I recovered some really small flecks of gold to this point, but I have a lot of dirt to pan still.

I had Monday off and decided to go down to the claim area with only the MD. Below are the results after about one hour into the day. The nugget was found about 3 inches below the surface and about 4 feet from the bottom of a wash on the side embankment of the wash. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

bananagold.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Super duper find, way to get er done and quick like. Sometimes takes about two yrs before your first gold with a detector. I also hit a 1.1 gram pc when I got my first gold with a detector, took me about 7 months of digging trash until a fellow detectorist took me out and shared a spot and some of the finer lessons of working a detector for gold. What a feeling it is to finally have a pc of gold found with your detector!! Keep it up and go get some more now. :hello2:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a feeling it is to finally have a pc of gold found with your detector!! Keep it up and go get some more now.

I think the feeling of self-satisfaction or increased self-worth is an important side benefit from successful electronic prospecting that most of us have experienced and are fully aware. Just knowing that you have achieved real success... something tangible you can hold in your hands... and that it was earned through your own effort and enterprise. Nobody can ever take that success away from you either. I'm not entirely sure what its all about in psychological terms, but I think that it is important to most of us. Thanks for making that point Jeremiah. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread