Eureka gold or xterra705 gold??

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eureka Gold.. while the 705 will find gold. It isn't classed (in my opinion) as the dedicated GOLD detector..

It is currently my wife's go to gold machine.. i live on the south coast of NSW, the mineralization is insane, (Iron stone HELL) .. Not for the Eureka though Auto tracking is by far one of the best features.. that and the tone control.
Multi frequency is another.. 6.4 kHz, 20 kHz and 60 kHz ... 20 kHz is by far the best frequency (again in my opinion)

Emma (wifey) has netted a total of 4.18Oz in small placer nuggets total, since purchase in April last year.

I'm a bit of a detector trader.. I'll try everything once, and never keep a machine very long.. (unless i love it) As i do the Gold Bug Pro, and as it turns out GB2 lol..

Anyway, hope some of this helps you make up your mind..

Also, Consider the White's GMT sold by GoldSearch Australia... it really is one of the best..

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy zacsgoldfever,

I own a Eureka gold. I really like the detector. If you are looking for gold in a stream look at the Falcon MD20. It's a great little detector for locating stream gold. It's not that expensive either.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Brian T. Booth

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok how does the falcon go in high mineralised ground like the goldfeilds ?

Thanks

If you are searching just ground I would go with the eureka gold. But if you are interested in streams I would get the the Falcon MD 20. I use both since the eureka gold isn't waterproof. I search the ground and the banks of the streams with the eureka gold and use the falcon md20 for locating gold in the stream.

OP
OP
Z

zacsgoldfever

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2013
Ok great thanks i will more then likely start with the eureka then get a second all round ground and water one aswell in time

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok great thanks i will more then likely start with the eureka then get a second all round ground and water one aswell in time

Sounds good. But just a little advice. I would not get a all round ground and water detector. Water works differently on a VLF. I'm in that position. I'm looking at a PI detector. The Tesoro tiger shark is a great water detector. The all round ground detector that I'm currently getting is the Minelab CTX3030.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Brian T. Booth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions