Easter nugget

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:hello: Had a great time detecting on Easter. Hit up a nice spot with good company and managed to get a few hours in before the rain caused us to hike back out. Cleared some overburden to get down a little further and split the finds 50/50 with my friend. He hit the 1.9 gram pc with his GPX4500 and we both detected the .1 gram nugget. I was ok with coming back for it but he said he would try it for a couple minutes in the rain. Well he started at it and I walked over and spotted it in the bedrock and popped it out with a flat head screwdriver. I was shocked my GP3000 with a 8x5 Joey coiltek mono coil was able to sniff it out. No egg size nuggets but a good time for sure. He was nice enough to let me keep the pcs and pay him off in gold flakes from previous sluicing trips, what a good friend!! Hope you all had a good Easter.:laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC04398.JPG
    DSC04398.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC04400.JPG
    DSC04400.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC04399.JPG
    DSC04399.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC04402.JPG
    DSC04402.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done--that's a sassy piece of gold for sure!

All the best,

Lanny

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic Gravelwasher... what a great way to spend your Easter holiday. :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

PS: I had to settle for turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, dumplings and stuffing, and hot apple pie with two scoops of ice cream!!

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very very nice Easter Nugget.
Congrats. :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE! Congratulations!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks Guys for the nice comments!!

Really hard to return to work after a nice day nugget hunting. This gold fever gets ya and its all I can think about all day while trying to work. Maybe that field over there or that creek I went to that one time...the thoughts of gold persist.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravelwasher, great day, great find, great friend and great to know life is still good, I mean really good!

Gosh Jim, what a shame you had to "settle" for that but 'only' two scoops???!!!!!!!!................63bkpkr

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Herb... I'm trying to keep from gaining too much extra weight, but sheesh... these sumptuous turkey dinners are mighty hard to resist anything less than two full helpings!!! Still and all... I'd rather have Gravelwasher's nuggets AND have the turkey!! :)

Jim.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:hello: Had a great time detecting on Easter. Hit up a nice spot with good company and managed to get a few hours in before the rain caused us to hike back out. Cleared some overburden to get down a little further and split the finds 50/50 with my friend. He hit the 1.9 gram pc with his GPX4500 and we both detected the .1 gram nugget. I was ok with coming back for it but he said he would try it for a couple minutes in the rain. Well he started at it and I walked over and spotted it in the bedrock and popped it out with a flat head screwdriver. I was shocked my GP3000 with a 8x5 Joey coiltek mono coil was able to sniff it out. No egg size nuggets but a good time for sure. He was nice enough to let me keep the pcs and pay him off in gold flakes from previous sluicing trips, what a good friend!! Hope you all had a good Easter.:laughing7:

Me Like . :icon_thumright:

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a good day out and some beautiful nuggets.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
perfect nugget! nice work..

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks Guys, glad you like!!

Went out last weekend and got the skunk with the detector. Hit plenty of square nails and 22 shells, but no gold. Helped a friend out with some basics with his vlf but he did not like the noise from all the hot rocks. We dropped the sluice in for the last part of the day and hit some flakes. Good friend great surroundings and an overall nice day.
Hope everyone hits some nice gold on there next outings!! All this sunshine is making my gold getting wheels spin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread