63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Weather and thoughts of SPRING (not sprin, If I could only type and maybe spell!)

The weather out of Aburn Ca, say up around 3,000', is Mid 50's today. One of the nearby rivers is running ~ 850 cfs which is ~50% less than usual for this time of year. Currently Sunday/Monday snow is expected down to 4500'/5000' in some areas of the Sierras. Winter is still knocking at our door, sigh. Shoulder is improving well. Ordered a Super Mini BGT from Todd this afternoon. One can still expect all orders to be slow in shipping but they are working on them, sigh.................63bkpkr

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Weather and thoughts of SPRING (not sprin, If I could only type and maybe spell!)

The weather out of Aburn Ca, say up around 3,000', is Mid 50's today. One of the nearby rivers is running ~ 850 cfs which is ~50% less than usual for this time of year. Currently Sunday/Monday snow is expected down to 4500'/5000' in some areas of the Sierras. Winter is still knocking at our door, sigh. Shoulder is improving well. Ordered a Super Mini BGT from Todd this afternoon. One can still expect all orders to be slow in shipping but they are working on them, sigh.................63bkpkr

I wish we would have gotten more rain in the past couple of months. I know that we need it but at the same time I want it to stay nice outside.. Glad your shoulder is improving!

-N8

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent a lot of time prospecting the desert this winter, looking forward to my first backpacking trip to the sierras. The smell of pine, cold clear rushing creeks, trout fishing early and late and prospecting the rest of the day has me day dream'in a lot lately. That reminds me, don't forget to re-pack;
1. Gore-Tex rain gear
2. 0 degree mummy
3. mosquito spray
4. snake gaters
5. water purifier(no water in desert so why pack it?)
6. extra rope & cord(to hoist food stores out of reach of trouble)
7. bear loads(refer back trouble)

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You got that right O'l Buddy! I feel like a old fire waggon horse that smells smoke lol
My new Local club of close friends is called: "Gold Bucket" Our slogan is: "It's All About Buckets" lol

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the "Itch" is there for all of us and it is a fun sort of itch that brings back memories of the past as well as future hopes of places to visit and beauty to be seen. And like you Hard Prospector I'm getting my backpacking things lined up just in case my shoulder says "I'm Good To Go", I even finished modifying my Freighter frame with a brand new waist belt system. Now to get good and healthy.

Goldentruth, be careful of that firewagon spirit as the smoke might just be MaryJane smoke. Have some Golden Buckets of fun this weekend with the bottle hunt and yes some of those can bring in some good dollars.

N8, the weather in the Foresthill area has been strange for many years. In the "early years" of my enjoying that area the NFAR water temps by mid June were 72 degrees at noon but now it is a constant 54 degrees all day long, brrrr. The amount of water from snow/rain is just a variable but in the past couple of years there have been late winter storms such that like last year the FHD road still had heavy snow along it all the way up to Robinsons Flat on the 23rd of June. I mean 5' of snow! It is still to early to make the call that winter is over for this area, I've known it to snow up there in late May. But I am hopeful for a good year and maybe, just maybe I will be out hiking this year................63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must agree Herb as Mother nature is in dire need of a reboot to old ways. Snakes and poison oak out in March was a real eyeopener. Hope the healing is going ok !!!John

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John, it is coming along nicely though trying to sleep is poor.........63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melatonin 5 mg-natural as body made will bring you safe drug hangover free sleep. 47 degrees,windy and clouds comn' in so sounds like a great day to be left alone by enfprcement,truck loaded,engines clean,plenty of gas and gonna be a nice day anyway-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Melatonin 5 mg-natural as body made will bring you safe drug
hangover free sleep. 47 degrees, windy and clouds comn' in so sounds like a great day to be
left alone by enforcement, truck loaded, engines clean, plenty of gas and gonna be a nice
day anyway-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Melatonin is a winner, for sure. I take it 30 min. before hitting the sack, and next
thing I know it's morning again.

John: Have fun, be safe - and hope your truck sobers up some before you leave!
moose.gif

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a ball-downpour twice,wet anyway so who cares,but massive winds in the canyon,limbs falln' like rain, then sun again. Strange day,not much pay,but Ize alive and it was good. FLEX HOSE is such garbage,hadn't had to use it in years and now I remember why,like a limp snake that kinks at the least provacation YUCK.Still fightn' new firewall program to post pics but working on it-John

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those blustery days in a river canyon with storm clouds, lightning & thunder are so enthralling with all the energy and dynamic moving about, I guess I'm silly as I still enjoy them like a little kid even though they can be dangerous. Sounds like you had a good time just the same! Ah to be out in the mountains, sigh. Kinky or kinking flat hose is a nightmare, useable in places and for certain things but troublesome. Firewall program on your machine or on Tnet?.....................63bkpkr/Herb

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Buddy, Had a great weekend, checked area out but partner had to cut short trip due to boss calling him for work. The temp was warm Sat&Sun
it was in the 70's. Yesterday Am was 50's and today 33 degrees @ 9am? What the H. I can't understand since it warm weather was moving up. I think it may bottom out and start a warming trend (I hope). Glad to hear your shoulder is getting better. Take Care of it (Understatement,lol) You'll be better when you're better, ya can't rush nature. Good luck friend.

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the weather is still carzy however even with the rain in Sacramento yesterday and heavy dark clouds heading into the Sierras the river was at 670 cfs just a few minutes ago. Old Winter Weather is not finished with us yet. Any idea of the current snow levels in the mountains around Auburn?

Glad you were able to get out even though the trip was short, being out for a little while is better than not getting out at all. Thank you for the good thoughts on my shoulder and yes it will be ready when IT is ready...........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread