Where to purchase Whites GMT?

calgeologist

Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX and Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions for the folks who have a GMT.

1). Where did you buy your GMT at? I am looking to buy within the next few weeks.

2). Is it possible to buy the GMT with the 4x6 nugget shooter coil instead of the 6X10 as the stock model? I need a coil that can fit into smaller spaces and I have read that the smaller coil helps deal with mineralization better, which is what I will encounter out in the field.

3). What kind of success have you all had with using the GMT in shallow creeks?

Thanks for the help. I am brand new to detecting, but I think this GMT should be a good tool and should be a lot of fun.

J.D.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a reality check that you already know about, What is the most important thing at the moment? You know what it is so hit the books as messing with the detector will not move you forward in life at this moment. Have fun with it in a few days!!

Glad your machine showed up....................63bkpkr

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what it is worth the White's GMT is one of numerous gold nugget detectors that are being counterfeited and sold on eBay and elsewhere. Use extreme caution when buying from anything other than a known, trusted source.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First our Government is Counterfeited and now the GMT!........................63bkpkr

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mind me asking where you found the 4x6coil and what you paid for it?Als Steve is there any way to tell a real one from a fake.thank you

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! congrats.. that 4x6 will become your best friend, the stock 10" is awesome too.. GL!

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They really should print "THIS IS A FAKE" on the side... those SOBs...

My buddy is just getting into detecting, ordered himself a Fisher gold bug 2 from a local dealer paid $1090 for it (damn 5% import tax + 10% GST etc) anyway ... I took one look at it, went back to my truck and got mine...
they're doing an okay job counterfeiting these machines, but its the little things you notice... the angle on the ridges above the speaker are facing the wrong way, the top of the control knobs aren't indented they are flat. Mineralization and audio boost mode switches only have 2 positions.. not 3.. Oh yeah, and it was unable to detect a screwdriver on the coil lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread