anything left in the RYE PATCH ?

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Hey kent,try asking on the arizona gold forums nuggetshooter.com arizonaoutback.com desertbeeper.com nuggethunting.com also you might want to contact Darin,he lives in orangevale,via the nuggetshooter.com forum dave

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
Reno Prospecting Supply would be a good stop for information , As a person who has tried to mix a little prospecting with business trips the quote from Land rover would apply well - local knowage first, It's very hard to hit town and get acclimated , later you'll be home thinking of all the things you should have done different. I'm also a little un comfortable in new area's , and un sure of being in the right place. (Alot I'm sure is better now with GPS for knowing where you are. )
I'd try to plan well in advance - try to find some one to take you, at least once to get the lay of the land.

OP
OP
K

Kent in ca.

THANK YOU, SOUNDS LIKE GREAT ADVICE.

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
Ryepatch is locally known to the serious small-miners as Majuba placers. It became known as Ryepatch because it is west of Ryepatch reservoir. Over the past 25 years it has been well worked, but not worked out.? At one time just after or during a rainstorm gold nuggets could be sighted lying on the surface by their sheen. Since some of the ground is under claim?I recommend getting acquainted with someone local.

Also: There is a mining district in Pershing Co.that is known as the Ryepatch district; but not the same Ryepatch. And there are many other goldfields scattered in the local ranges.

Suggetion: Darryl at the Reno Prospectors Supply is probably your best source of information. There are several local full-timers who can be contacted for a local area guide. George Duffy Jr. is one. He lives in Lovelock and has placer mined with both VLF and Pi- type detectors over the years.

The ICMJ has an article on George. He is on the cover of the September, 2004 issue?? www.icmj.com ? Darryl advertises in the ICMJ, and can be reached through his ads.

No guarantee by me: But? just a suggestion; George Duffy (and several of his friends) are local area small-scale prospectors and miners who are trying to make a living at it and are willing to guide and instruct. ? ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread