Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own pretty much all the VLF machines built for gold, and i can't say enough about the GMT... It's hands down (in my opinion) the best VLF gold machine on the market right now..
Though, throw ground grab on the Gold Bug 2, lower its Frequency to 50-60kHz and i might just change my mind :P

Awesome post 63bkpkr !

OP
OP
taternut

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright ill give Bart a call and see if he can swung snugging for a beginner ;) I think ill go for the gmt, thanks a lot for all the help guys! I appreciate it!!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own pretty much all the VLF machines built for gold, and i can't say enough about the GMT... It's hands down (in my opinion) the best VLF gold machine on the market right now..
Though, throw ground grab on the Gold Bug 2, lower its Frequency to 50-60kHz and i might just change my mind :P

Awesome post 63bkpkr !

Right on Ausgoldhunter!!! And Herb that was an outstanding post!!! Tip of my hat to both of you... you guys make this section of the forum a genuine, informative pleasure to read. :icon_thumright:

Jim.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right on Ausgoldhunter!!! And Herb that was an outstanding post!!! Tip of my hat to both of you... You guys make this section of the forum a genuine, informative pleasure to read. :icon_thumright:

Jim.

Well thank you sir :)

Information is key to being successful..

My detecting club holds demos once a month for newcomers, they get into it, buy a detector, and you never see them again...
I find the problem is, people are willing to listen and learn (to a point) ie.. How to turn the machine on, set it up.. Then they check out..

But hey, it's a two way street, I see the guys doing these demos making it look so easy! But a demo is basically a cheat.. You don't see the 50+ junk targets or 300 hot rocks we swing over on the way to that nugget.

The point of this is, don't let yourself be led to believe it's easy, or you're going to come home with gold on every outing... If you put in the time, put yourself in the right area, and swing that coil over a nice little nugget so be it.

Ask questions, ask google.. And good luck :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread