Whites Spectra V3i prospecting mode

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not a V3I owner myself, but from what I've researched.. I would say the best setting would be the 22kHz in Prospecting mode... I have a friend who has had quite a lot of success prospecting with it..

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a V3I owner myself, but from what I've researched.. I would say the best setting would be the 22kHz in Prospecting mode... I have a friend who has had quite a lot of success prospecting with it..

Hello and thanks alot :-) have it been a possibility to put me in touch with tour friend? I am quite new with this detector :-)

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He isn't a member of the forum, but If you ask your questions here, I can ask him..

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the second time I've heard the V3i mentioned as a really good gold prospector. It could eventually catch up to the MXT for that purpose.

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He isn't a member of the forum, but If you ask your questions here, I can ask him..

I just wonder how he uses it for prospecting. had it out today, it game alot of signals with a VDI value. But more often it only made a sound. Both high and low townes. But no graphical info (blue graph) :S

So I dont know if there is gold or what.
Thx :-)

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He says dig everything.. Prospecting mode is like all metal.. If it beeps dig it..

I have to say its not the best machine for prospecting, but it can do it.

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Thanks!

Well it beeps often, but it gives a negative VDI. :P

So Ill try the prospecting "ground" analysis feature. Do he have some knowledge about that ?

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a V3i owner. I have been trying to find gold and have had not luck yet. I have 2 nuggets that I have used as tests. One is .30 grams. It responds at about 2 inches with a 2-5 vdi. The other gold is actually more of a flake that responds at about a inch and its weight is less the .15. The issue I have had out with the V3i is rocks that are white and have tons of little black spots. They register at about 15-19 vdi as gold but do usually give a overload signal. However I figure I keep searching I'm bound to find gold:) the Whites forum has some great technical information and help.

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Thanks. I think I would try the mineralization feature. Because I dont think there is any real nuggets here. So find the black sand then the gold :P ?!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snusmumrikken ,
Hi There and welcome to prospecting with a metal detector!

Lead works very well as a target for learning your detector, the machine thinks it is gold. A U.S. nickel will also work as a target. Practice is the key, just take the machine out along with some different sized 'targets' and see how the machine reacts over several different pieces of ground.

You can also put a magnet to good use as it will test the ground for iron mineralization. I keep my magnet in a plastic 35mm film container, touch the container to the ground then check the bottom to see if it is all fuzzy or has particles on it then shake the container and most of the metal should just drop off, this keeps the magnet clean.

The best of luck to you in your/our Quest!........................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread