Video of Small Gold Nuggets Tested with the Garrett ATX

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Bearkat for putting this video up on the board. A nice surprise to see it just as I returned home from an extended autumn prospecting trip hoping for information on the ATX. Looks like a substantive improvement in both depth / sens and target signal responsiveness compared to the Infinium.

Couple of questions if you don't mind. Does the maximum discrimination setting work the same as "reverse disc / iron check" on the Infinium. Second question... do you think it possible to do a video that demonstrates the capability of the ATX's "iron check" mode on a few pieces of small circular iron compared to nails? That mode certainly sounds similar to the iron audio on the AT Gold... it does lead one to wonder about the circuitry / software in the ATX.

Regardless... thanks again Al for the effort above. :icon_thumright:

Jim.

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another great video!

I was wondering how the ATX was going to stack up to it's competition. (that still remains… ) But, you nailed it… with your great demonstration of the ATX & also found a few nuggets in the process! ~ It doesn't get much better than that!

I guess they won't allow your dredge in there where you were at? If I am correct… I dredged that area when they were putting in the dam in 1979 and did very well ~ too bad gold was only $450oz at the time. The Army Corps of Engineers were also running all the gravel they were using for the dam ~ I and sure they had an incredible clean outs everyday too. Great area!

Cheers,
Gerard

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would really like to see a comparison between the ATX and the TDI SL since they run on the same voltage and use the same disposable (AA) batteries. Very well done vid.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Jim,

I'm still practicing with iron check. So far with what I can tell it is not geared for small iron as to not loose small gold. 3" nails it does just fine on, but small stuff you still got to dig. Boot tacks, small roof tacks will not iron check with iron grunt, but the sound of an iron target is not a smooth as a low conductor. More test coming soon. I have not messed with any discrimination as of yet...as I'm digging everything to get used to the machine. So far, both with the stock 12" coil and the 8" mono coil easily hit .1 gram nuggets. More soon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread