Pick

id_au_digger

Greenie
Sep 3, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II, X-Terra 70, ACE 350
Cool looks like the Badger I have without magnets. Can't wait til spring!!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Royal has a new 36" pick out. Their picks have a lifetime warranty and the rare earth magnets are recessed into the head. I have picked into rock and the point is just as it was new minus the cad plating. Here is a link to their great line of picks. Check out their entire line of prospecting equipment as they are second to none.

Royal Manufacturing

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being new to this all, I gotta ask why the magnets are important, thank you in advance.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, I had a couple of small, but powerful magnets in a thin plastic bottle, the end of the pick makes more sense, thanks.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few that I had handy to take a photo of, the rest are out in my van. Too cold to go out and get them :tongue3:

hand picks.jpg

From left to right: Home made all steel pick / Vintage 22oz. Estwing rock pick with leather grip handle / Fiberglass handle with rubber grip from Harbor Freight /
and a 26" long hickory handle pick that I do not remember where I got it but I like it :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luv that old school estwing as one a my first and still pickn' and a grinn' with it-John

That one had belonged to my Dad which he gave to me when I took up rock hounding as a young teen. (He passed away two years ago at the ripe old age of 95) I think of him every time I use it.

GG~

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That one had belonged to my Dad which he gave to me when I took up rock hounding as a young teen. (He passed away two years ago at the age of 95) I think of him every time I use it.

GG~

There's a real treasure.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That one had belonged to my Dad which he gave to me when I took up rock hounding as a young teen. (He passed away two years ago at the ripe old age of 95) I think of him every time I use it.

GG~
You might want to just keep it at home, I have the same one ,same vintage, the handle is in bad shape and Estwing won't fix it, or replace it or just send me the new leather handle parts . So much for there lifetime warrantee. :angry4:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• HermitPicks.jpg
    HermitPicks.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 110

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When that one breaks and you get tired of toys, get a Hermit Pick BunksArizonaProspecting

Nice guy to deal with. I got one for water hunting. Going to spoke shave the handle down a little for grip and add a 200 lb magnet for big iron. I dented the blade first time out? Great guy to deal with we will see how the pick holds up in the mountains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread