Clark Kent

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My son Gary gets another odd find while he was doing a little practice bleepin, he was checkin around old cabin sites in our area and came home with this from an old fire pit, I think he may find a gold coin yet, he still hasn't got a nugget yet, but the way hes going a patch may be in his future soon! Hes 14 now.
Hope you enjoy this little artifact.
GT...............

View attachment 905358 View attachment 905359 View attachment 905360

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Kryptonite exposure must have finally gotten to him. A find worth taking the time to find........................63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fullpan, I have an idea that Hefty 1 does not know this yet so you are likely not the last to know, even if you are tlotk don't feel bad as many times on things I still don't know..........................63bkpkr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dated 1959 - How come I'm always the last to know? Jeesh.

I Learned something new today :tongue3: I never knew that either :tongue3:
he could have been in an old folks home for all I knew.

Anyway cool find

Last edited:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Tramp... that is a fantastic recovery for your son to make!!! :icon_thumleft:

I never knew either... so sad to learn all these years later, but perhaps that's a good thing... would've been difficult as a kid to come to grips with this shocking news. A tribute piece to Superman, entitled "Superman's Song" by the Crash Test Dummies below... very well done.

Jim.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan, I have an idea that Hefty 1 does not know this yet so you are likely not the last to know, even if you are tlotk don't feel bad as many times on things I still don't know..........................63bkpkr

Don't tell anyone but I'm pretty sure Superman faked his death so he could dredge in peace. I've got good evidence Clark Kent is really Hefty.

Let's just keep this tidbit to ourselves for now. Hefty seems to think it's still a secret. He did get the Forest Service to back down - that's pretty super in my book! :laughing7:

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Jim,
great song I think I heard it a time or two when I worked In LA listened to KROQ kevin n bean.

hard to believe that paper was buried that long and we could still handle it, he says it was covered by a couple big rocks I guess they saved it, better yet it means that G has listened to me and digs every target, no matter how much junk there is.
GT................

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jim,
great song I think I heard it a time or two when I worked In LA listened to KROQ kevin n bean.

hard to believe that paper was buried that long and we could still handle it, he says it was covered by a couple big rocks I guess they saved it, better yet it means that G has listened to me and digs every target, no matter how much junk there is.
GT................

Hi Gold Tramp… yah… it is a rather haunting, melancholy song, but endearing because Superman was so much a part of our young lives. We kids would get up early Saturday morning, snap-on Dad’s fancy new black and white TV set, and try to follow the latest Superman and Mighty Mouse adventures… despite that the picture from far distant Buffalo, NY was always fuzzy to some extent.

It’s good to see that your son Gary obviously has learned to pay attention to your advice, and hence this highly unusual find. Of course it’s a two way street raising children, good things happen both ways. Once we have those children, we have them for life… and it can be a very happy, satisfying relationship when each accepts the other into their lives not just as parents / children… but as real friends who work and play together. There’s a bit of truth to what I’ll say next… life can be so funny… we spend the first year trying to get them to stand-up and talk, but the following twenty years or so are spent trying to get them to sit down and shut-up. And the roles they and we play continue to change and evolve… I’m both saddened and happy… though unfailingly amused by it all. Life is a quick business isn’t it… the years go by so fast.

I was glad I could prevail in one area I felt was important, and not just for our children’s future financial health either. And that was to encourage ours to get some post-secondary education… I wanted them to know that experience and the feeling of achievement. With all of life’s little vicissitudes, that is one accomplishment nobody can ever take away from them. I felt this was a reasonably sound basis from which they could proceed into life with a bit more confidence, and I guess I hoped in part that the experience would help develop the necessary fortitude to live according to their principles, without exception or regret.

Well… enough rambling from an old fool… I’m afraid this thread has put me into a reflective mood. I admit that while metal detecting for precious metals is interesting, I enjoy exchanging ideas and thoughts with other individuals about any number of topics… particularly access to men with some life experience. This is one aspect of my life that is sadly lacking since retirement.

Glad you enjoyed the music about Superman. Geez… we had all the comics and cards… Davy Crockett too… it was a great time to be a carefree kid.

Jim.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Tramp... that is a fantastic recovery for your son to make!!! :icon_thumleft:

I never knew either... so sad to learn all these years later, but perhaps that's a good thing... would've been difficult as a kid to come to grips with this shocking news. A tribute piece to Superman, entitled "Superman's Song" by the Crash Test Dummies below... very well done.

Jim.

Thanks again Jim.
Gt....
IMG_20181011_160030.jpg

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks again Jim.
Gt....
View attachment 1641258

Welcome GT… it is good to hear from you. As I look back on Gary’s incredible find, it’s surprising that almost five additional years have elapsed since then. It seems so much less. I’m glad that you posted to it again though. It harkens back to a different and perhaps a happier or more carefree time for my generation that is now gone forever, but that nonetheless helped to shape our lives.

I hope that Gary still enjoys the hobby? He’s at an age where there are so many possible interests to occupy his thoughts and that’s aside from increasing responsibilities and demands upon his time. It’s a challenging time in life that we all must face and make decisions that will directly impact our futures. It is no trivial thing for young people who frequently have little or no experience upon which to base those decisions.

In closing, thankyou for those “likes” that you attached to my thread at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...esting-rocks-minerals-vlf-metal-detector.html. That came as quite a nice surprise, it added some rays of unexpected sunshine into my day too. Many thanks GT……………… Jim.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Jim for certain the times have changed and not for the better! Back in 1956 a boy of 12 along with his buddy could walk down a street carrying a BB gun and NOBODY thought a thing about it as it was just two young boys going shooting. The police and Forest Service Rangers were still the good guys and they upheld the laws of the United States. Love was something you got from your parents and it was a kind word and Rainbow was a special message up in the sky from God. Mostly people came to this country legally and believed in working for a living. The 25th of December was Christmas and people wished it to others as a good thing. Taking Christ out of the season makes it nothing but an extravagant meaningless spending spree. And a lot of people still told the truth and a person could believe what was printed in the newspapers and Walter Cronkite could always be trusted. Now news casters could just be spreading a lie or smearing someone for Illegal Political reasons and its just another day on the planet. I suspect if Clark Kent were still around he would miss most days at the Daily Planet as there is just so much crime abounding in all walks of life Superman would always be zipping back and forth.

Yup, this country has lost a lot of what was considered good stuff. Odd how Good has become bad and bad has become Good. I suppose this is why everyone should vote and know why they are voting......................63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Jim.

Happy birthday Jim...
Hope all is well, good ole Superman one more time.
Have good day..
Gt...

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I’m detached from reality…a quick browse through this thread has me confused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread