🥇 BANNER 1+ Oz gold nugget !! WOW!!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
I posted this in the Today's Finds and was asked to share it over here too!! I thought it might be a good fit here as well!! :hello2:

Even though I do detect for gold, on this day, I was using the CTX and relic hunting a gold camp. But I know that the readers on this forum will probably appreciate this find more so than a turf hunter or relic hunter. I have found gold with my GPX5000 but score my biggest with a CTX!! Go Figure!

What a surprise this was!!

I got the dig on video if anyone is interested in watching it. I get a bit excited and have a few slips of the tongue!! :dontknow:

Attachments

• gold 3.jpg
    gold 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 745
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 705
  • gold4.jpg
    gold4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG Congratulations

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of permission or public sites, we hunt at night so lurkers/locals don't end up on our sites!! :) Already been down that road!

If I videoed some of the sites in daylight, people would be able to figure out where we are and until we are done with a site, I try to keep it low key but yet share some of the neat stuff we find.

The site earlier in the video (not where i got the nugget and I clearly state in the video we are going to a different site) I have already seen 3-4 people there since I posted the video. I never saw anyone there in the previous two years.

You are only up the road and I am sure you know where the first site was due to local news coverage etc.
I should have congratulated you on your banner find when you posted the video, but as I usually do, I got involved in my book and forgot about it. So, a belated CONGRATULATIONS!! And, I sincerely hope you find more of that 'stuff'.

Incidentally, I never heard of El Dorado Hills until I had to make an unscheduled trip there this past Monday. Beautiful area, and I didn't have either of my detectors with me. :-(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions