10 minute nugget

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Had a nice trip out detecting last Sunday with Bug and NuggetN8. :icon_thumleft: Bug hit the gold in the 1st 10 minutes of detecting for about .8 gram , N8 got an afternoon pc for about .5gram I had to stop and try one last spot on the hike out and managed a nice 1.8gram pc. Pulled the rounded nugget at about 10" down and got it with the stock 11" mono coil on a minelab 5k in the last 10 minutes of the trip.
We all wound up with some gold under our coils and smiles on our faces.:occasion14:
Special thanks to Bug for showing us around and doing his absolute best to get us on some gold!!:headbang:

Attachments

• DSC04444.JPG
    DSC04444.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC04447.JPG
    DSC04447.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow man that's some very nice gold! And 3 nuggets in one day! Awesome! I'm still looking for my first nugget, been out around 10 times and no luck so far. I am finding brass ammo casings and other misc garbage metal tho. Some day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a nice trip out detecting last Sunday with Bug and NuggetN8. :icon_thumleft: Bug hit the gold in the 1st 10 minutes of detecting for about .8 gram , N8 got an afternoon pc for about .5gram I had to stop and try one last spot on the hike out and managed a nice 1.8gram pc. Pulled the rounded nugget at about 10" down and got it with the stock 11" mono coil on a minelab 5k in the last 10 minutes of the trip. We all wound up with some gold under our coils and smiles on our faces.:occasion14: Special thanks to Bug for showing us around and doing his absolute best to get us on some gold!!:headbang:
Nice to see that nugget all cleaned up. That was a fun trip!

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow man that's some very nice gold! And 3 nuggets in one day! Awesome! I'm still looking for my first nugget, been out around 10 times and no luck so far. I am finding brass ammo casings and other misc garbage metal tho. Some day... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep at it! Once you find your first the next one should come sooner! Can take a little while..

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gravel washer, you lucky, lucky man! Sounds like a great day! :headbang:

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to all of you. Even if you hadn't found gold sounds like it was a great day. The gold was just a real nice bonus.

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Way to go good job. Ya know for the life of me I don't remember getting an invite! Whats up with that?

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Gold days help me through the other days of the week for sure!!

Trust me its not gold every time. I have gone 6 days detecting with no gold, just got to keep at it.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WTG everyone... sounds like a jim-dandy afternoon Gravelwasher. :icon_thumleft: Did you upgrade recently to the GPX5K? Jim.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yes sir Jim, sold the 3k and picked up a 5k. Loved the audio tones of targets with the 3k, the 5 is more digitized and I have to dig em all right now. I really like the sensitivity of the 5's 11" mono coil, it absolutely kills the 3 on small gold!

Bug, I see your avatar pic and you grew your mustache out, WTG your starting to fit in the bunch.8-)

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds! You're getting some nice, sassy gold. Keep posting your pictures.

All the best,

Lanny

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful! I would love to find one of them!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet, nice find, 10 inchs, 1.8 grams i am impressed thats darn good

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
2cmorau, thanks for noticing!! Tried again last Sunday but came up with lead, nails, and good time hiking around.

More gold than bullets to you all.

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gravelwasher, you are getting pretty good at this detecting thing... TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks Ray, That's a huge compliment coming from you!
Still a lot left for me to learn about this gold getting deal.
Sure is a good time learning new things, meeting some terrific people and seeing some amazing sights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions